Records: [TAP] Master

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 29 Mar 2007.

1. And only bronze SK... I don't understand how Kevin manages these things.

2. I made a bronze SK, S9 game yesterday in 9:42 also. Didn't get the medal until tetrising into level 500. Screwed up early 20G, hit S2 at 700, S6 by 900, S9 at 999 by holding out at the level 998 levelstop for one last tetris. It's doable.

3. I'm guessing records on Blockbox with SRS don't count right?

4. Everything in this leaderboard was played in TAP and not a clone.

5. Even Blockbox Marathon 2 with ARS wouldn't count. When you nuke the difficulty and trivialise it with SRS then it'd be silly to allow the scores alongside.

6. Why so SRS?

7. The same reason anyone is SRS. It's all you know.

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

How is it possible that some people still dare to think that we can mix SRS and ARS scores..

I will tell it once again :

SRS is FUCKING EASIER THAN ARS in SAME CONDITIONS/MODES !!
    It is not only a tiny difference, it is completly EASIER ! I don't say that because I am a ARS player blabla who is too proud bla bla..I say that because I can play with both rotation systems and I swear you that I can be 1 year and half more advanced with SRS regarding the scores, and I practiced with it 8 time less than I practiced ARS.

9. From my experience:
    Marathon 2 SRS GM = 2 days of tooling around.
    Actual TAP Master ARS GM = Months and months and months away from ever being a possibility.

10. I know its easier with SRS but why not Blockbox with ARS?

http://tetrisconcept.net/forum/showthread.html?t=563
    "Blokkendoos (some modes). Status: Available, playable online only at the moment. TGM clone modes are highly accurate."

It says it's highly accurate so why not?

11. Because highly is not 100%

This was discussed ages ago when Heboris and Texmaster started to get reasonable degrees of accuracy. Fact is that no matter how accurate something is made, it's hard to prove that it's perfect and that it's not slightly easier in some way or another. Even really subtle things like how inputs are handled can make a difference.

The scores are probably highly compatible, but they shouldn't be allowed on a TAP leaderboard because Blockbox just isn't TAP.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

If you say something like that again I kill you kitaru...
    because me it is :

Marathon 2 SRS M = 1 week of insane pain to get two poor S8 at 8:49 ans 8:51..>:(>:(>:(

13. come on man, gimme that goddam M rank !!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Were it not for the fact that I'm going through the same pain myself trying to get M, my response would be AHAHAHAAHHAAHA

15. lol

16. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

And I got it !!!!

8:44 !

I am the ONLY ONE western player who has the M rank in both ARS and SRS !!!:cool:

17. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

colour_thief: that sounds like a challenge to me.

18. I'll pass. I don't think I could break 8:45 with SRS without some practice... I'm missing tons of finesse, especially 20G.

I could kick his ass at VS though so it all balances out. :)

19. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

it took me one big week of practice, 3-4 attempts every day..I prefer don't talk about the m roll, I still need to see where the piece goes with SRS if I want avoid the missdrops..so M roll was like I placed wrong almost every tetriminos and performed less than 8 lines I think.
    And don't be over confident with Versus, I have really improved since the last time, you may have a sad surprise, I can say now that last time I did not know how to play versus..:rolleyes: I feel ready btw..It is when you want.

and you too kevin come on and open your asshole I will fuck you up !!

20. [​IMG]

"08 from beating Budster to 1. nyoro~n

On the bright side, I got my first pre-500 1.