Shiromino: TGM + Practice Tool/Pentominoes

Thread in 'Research & Development' started by FeV, 16 Apr 2017.

1. Can you comfirm if i'm the first one acchieving Platinum skill please?.

Thumbnail for pentris skill video.png

About bugs:
    -If you quit a game and start again too fast the background doesn't load.
    -the 180º rotations are removed?
    -if you go fullscreen while in replays the list appears empty until an input is pressed
    -NO next piece sounds
    -some pentos are too similar in colours and can be confused easily, (such as V with J and T5)
    -when lock delay is decreased and the piece falls a row the piece brightness doesn't reset

2. FeV

FeV

Thanks for the feedback! No you are not the first to get platinum skill unfortunately :p I have gotten it a couple times while play testing, though I cannot guarantee that I got as many pentrises as you because I have changed the medal requirements many times over the course of beta :)

I know about the background issue, but I probably won't end up fixing it until the current GUI rewrite is implemented, because by then it will be new background-handling code entirely.

Not sure what you mean by 180 rotations being removed; note that they are only possible as IRS (buffered rotations when the piece spawns).

Fullscreen replay list issue: also going to be fixed when the rewrite comes around.

For pentomino colors, I'm sorry if they are a little difficult for you, and I'll consider making an ultra high-contrast version of their graphics that combines patterns (like Game Boy tetris) and colors to make them easier to see. But I think if your eyesight is typical and you haven't been playing very long, just getting more practice will make you better at distinguishing them (I had similar problems when testing the earliest versions of this mode, but they were gone after enough practice, even though the colors were less differentiated than they are now).

As for the piece brightness thing, that's very astute of you to notice... I'll look into fixing it right now :)

3. i found something, go to 2:00

Qlex, FeV and Oshisaure like this.
  4. FeV

FeV

Released beta3-pre2 :p I'm sorry for the weird timing, things went in an unexpected direction for me IRL. Hopefully can get back on track with development soon.

FerSave likes this.