Records: [NES PAL] A-Type

Thread in 'Competition' started by Kitaru, 10 Mar 2014.

1. figured i should maybe post here

i've been playing PAL for about 3 months now so I like to think i'm doing well with score progression. either way i'll make sure to record future runs from here on out lol

played with original nes pad on mesen. hopefully it's fine that i played with TRT rate on screen, i want to push myself to play more aggressively with it

[​IMG]

TGGC likes this.
  2. @Sinewave: are you using a special ROM or is TRT the result of scripting?

3. it's a patch i downloaded from jonas' discord. there's a plethora of patches there but the only one i personally wanted was the TRT one. i'm sure you can do it with scripting too but i'm not sure if you can make it look as good as it does on the patched ROM

furious programming likes this.
  4. Hi, just getting into this! I'm playing on Nestopia with a cheap USB NES controller.
    Here's my PB so far...
    Name: Andre N
    Score: 426840
    Level: 19+2.00 (am I correct in thinking this means 2 lines past the transition?)
    Comment: EMU (15)
    Here's a video

Hopefully I can improve further!

5. Name: furious programming
    Score: 659.804 points (level 12 start, 167 lines, level 19 finish) (previous post here)
    Date: 17.09.2019
    Hardware: FCEUX 2.2.3 (emulator) + retro-bit NES-like USB controller

Transition to level 19 using tetris with 159 lines.

Until now, I have tried to break point records only from level 18, but this is the end. Since the starting level does not matter, it makes no sense to create more difficult conditions. Just a dozen attempts from levels 9 and 12 and boom! — new PB and AFAIR new Polish record (@Phor, confirmation is needed).

It is a pity that CTWC Poland qualifications did not go as well as now at home… ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: 17 Sep 2019
    Phor likes this.
  6. @furious programming Yes, it's a new Polish record and probably it will stay for a long time because I'm not going to try it

7. I, on the other hand, will still try to break the current record (from different levels). But not on the emulator anymore, because Chinese controllers are shitty compared to the original ones, and the emulation itself is not perfect, which significantly hinders the gameplay (especially on kill-screen). Now it's time for a actual console.

8. Is anyone in here playing NTSC on original console. I've been thinking about getting a console but I'd like to focus on NTSC. How are people in Europe doing it?

9. I confirm, National Best. I am updating my research data and adding those colors on Classic Tetris PAL Discord. :)

10. So close to 500K. Just got this close to 600k on NTSC as well. Soon...

Name: Andre N
    Score: 493100
    Level: 19+0.00
    Comment: EMU (15)

Adonis Mouse likes this.
  11. I guy's I've done better before, but this is my first recording of a 500 K : 507842, level 9 to 19, on an actual NES PAL version

Adonis Mouse likes this.
  12. [​IMG]

Played on emu and keyboard.

d4nin3u likes this.
  13. Name: furious programming
    Score: 677.600 points (level 18 start, 131 lines, level 19 finish) (previous post here)
    Transition: using tetris with 127 lines
    Date: 28.10.2019
    Hardware: FCEUX 2.2.3 (emulator) + retro-bit NES-like USB controller

The game was almost perfect—quite nice RNG, no miss-drops, not many burned lines. However, at the end of the game, when I had 122 lines, the sequence of blocks forced me to cover well and burn one line, which made the last two tetris dirty and I couldn't collect anything on kill-screen (even push-down points). But I'm happy because I'm very close to crossing the magic limit of 700k points starting from level 18. ;)

new pb (game).png new pb (castle).png new pb (nick).png