ZiNc input plugin + Modded MAME

Thread in 'Discussion' started by upy, 10 Jun 2009.

1. Muf

Muf

That happened to me when I first switched back to Ti (lagless, on real hardware) after playing TAP on MAME for a long time. You get used to it.

2. paxl13

paxl13 Unregistered

I was wondering, How many input lag frame do ZiNC have ?
    My current computer can't sustain 100% with the modded Tetris SHMUPmame... I do tough
    in the SHMUPmame.... It's probably the over sampling of the Input that is killing my little computer.
    TGM2 feel a lot more responsive in Tetris SHMUPmame than TGM in SHMUPmame...

Thanks for the info.
    paxl13

3. paxl13

paxl13 Unregistered

BTW, sorry for asking a question without having myself registered and did'nt introduce myself
    correctly. I'm gonna do so this night or shortly :)

Cheers,
    paxl13

4. I haven't used the WinterBlast ZiNc input driver for ages, but I'd guess 2~3 frames off the top of my head. I usually used LOst's plugin, -- which I think was 1~2 frames -- but I have real hardware now. You should give upy's plugin a shot. I can try to track down a link or upload a copy of LOst's stuff as well if you'd like to try it out.

Last edited: 13 Apr 2010
  5. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Here's LOst's input plugin: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ho2b24

To be honest though, no matter what plugins or hacks you use, TGM is always pretty laggy when played via emulation, and considering how cheap TGM arcade pcb's sell for these days, if you want to get really serious and shoot for sub 10 minute times then you should really play it on actual hardware.

6. Yeah, mine came to about $100 in total after SMJ fees and I'm sure anyone who looks at all can pick one up for under $150. It's a small price to pay for removing a lot of lag.

7. Ai

Ai

I have trouble getting the recording and replaying feature for ZiNc described over here working. For some reason the .zpn file in step 2 of the Recording section isn't created. I would appreciate some help from someone who uses this.