Wiki issues

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Pineapple, 4 May 2007.

1. Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getexternallinks() in /home/nico/public_html/wiki/extensions/SpamBlacklist/SpamBlacklist_body.php on line 194

Attempting to edit a page while logged in. Previewing the edit worked without problems; the error occurs while trying to save the change.

2. [​IMG]

this is the line in question:

$links = implode( "\n", array_keys( $out->getExternalLinks() ) );

should i uninstall?

3. chris

chris Unregistered

Or you could define the function? (:

4. anyone know how to?

5. chris

chris Unregistered

I'm sure I could help, but I'd have to access to the full codebase.

If you want to scour around yourself, basically you just need to find where the "$out" variable is assigned a class (something like "$out = new ClassName;"), and then look for the getExternalLinks() method under that class. There are any number of reasons why that could be failing though, hard to give useful instructions.

6. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

You need newer MediaWiki to use the current version:

7. psh... k maybe later.

8. tepples

Does your hosting provider offer PHP 5 hosting instead of PHP 4 hosting?

9. I assume the two IP's that spammed up a dozen articles have been banned. I repaired some of the damage, but I had other stuff to do.

10. The spamming has been utterly ridiculous for a while now. [​IMG]

11. tepples

The spammers' IP addresses change every day. Sometimes we get spam from a half dozen or more IPs in a day. It's more likely than not that the spam is coming from proxies operated by spammers on home PCs whose security has been compromised.

PHP 5 would allow for an upgrade to recent MediaWiki, which has more up-to-date anti-spam extensions available for it.

12. yes, my server has php5, but it takes a little work to enable it on top of updating the wiki. i know the spam's been bad lately, and i'm really sorry i haven't got around to fixing it. it's just i've been really swamped lately. i promise i'll get to it when i get a chance.

13. No worries Nick, we can handle it in the meantime.

14. Yeah, it just requires us devoted users to be vigilant.

15. Why such leniency towards the spam bots with only 2 week bans? Why not just perm ban immediately on a first offence?

16. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I'm guessing that because the bots are using proxies, a temporary ban would prevent future users of that proxy from being banned as well.

17. It's also extremely rare that an IP is a repeat offender. I'm personally yet to see it.

18. The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

19. i know it. pending return call from hosting company. this is what happens when i try to update the wiki =/