Who is your Heroe of TETRIS.

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 16 Oct 2009.

?

Who is your favorite one :

Poll closed 15 Nov 2009.
  1. Kan

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. Jin

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. 777

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. 309

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. ZAB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. SQR

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. Blink

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Spectre

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  9. Jago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. colour_thief

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I may be wrong..But it seems to me that blink can perform some excellent grades on TI master, SRS, the same as me(:awe:), but not trance..

And to be honnest, a list of 15 choices would have included him and hebo MAI, I had wrote his name on a paper during my work before creating the poll here and realising that the list is 10 max. ah and for hebo MAI, I am still above him in a few solo modes in SRS, it should not be like that, mode where I did not push that hard.

Ah one thing which should not be forget, do you want to talk about versus ??
    NoTGhost massacred blink on versus in using ARS, and I have been nice with him, he is on the list..

2. Uh huh. Since when do TOJ, TDS, TF, Party, Splash, Evolution, and Hangame have ARS?

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Blockbox crtin.:V

4. Or better yet,

NO KICKS.
    NO LOCK DELAY.
    GAME BOY ONLY.
    FINAL DESTINATION.

5. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

My "Heroe of TETRIS" has to be Amnesia, for his unparalleled mastery of controversial-topic-creation.

On a more serious note, I don't think this should be a poll; we're not trying to determine who is the "best" player, rather the players who we personally admire and aspire to emulate. This is a very subjective matter; there should be no absolutes. If meow wants to site trance as his tetris hero, there should be nothing to stop him from doing so.

I'm quite glad that Caithness deliberately chose someone who wasn't an option in the poll, and I strongly encourage other people to do the same.

I'm going to site Koryan as my tetris hero: he's a strong ARS player (a lot stronger than most people give him credit for), a phenomenal SRS player, and he's also no slouch at vs play. He's polite and honourable, and has provided a vast amount of helpful data for the benefit of other players.

6. My hero is David(Khami boy, Maserati, whatever you want to call him). He was crazy good back in Cultris, which was my first time playing tetris a lot. He is still fast as hell, so I choose him.

I would choose colour_thief in regards to ARS. He is not as crazy good as some japanese players, but I like what I have seen in his videos. I still have his Death GM video on my mp3 player and I still watch it from time to time.

7. Well then, Amnesia, let me know when I can fly to Hawaii to play Blockbox or watch a Burger King-sponsored tournament with live TV coverage, or be able to log in at any one time and not see the same group of people each time (0% of which, by the way, actually play ARS VS)

Also, I decided to check out hebo-MAI's solo-game SRS records on Blockbox... I see she is above you in Expert TA, Expert Ti, Marathon 1 (I didn't even see you on the list), Marathon 3, and Marathon 3.5... so what's left, Marathon 2 and Marathon 2.5 (both of which have fewer players than the other marathons...) and those are just the TGM modes. I don't even have to check the other modes to know who's above who, there.

By the way, if you really love TGM that much, all of hebo-MAI's Marathon records are above Blink's, both in SRS AND ARS. I ask again, who really belongs on the list?

Last edited by a moderator: 17 Oct 2009
  8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I just want to say that it is not acceptable for a player like blink to have a so weak side and lose against my girlfriend who has played 30min per week for 1 year..And kotetsu if you don't believe me, you were witness at this day, I remember that I rejected your request to join the match 5 - 6 times because we did not want you to come and destroy blink and NoTghost.

and sorry maserati, actually you are one of those I forgot and who deserves to be on the list for being the fastest of the world.

humm, have you seen the last GM 5:10 of 309 recently ?

9. What is unacceptable about someone being weak in a mode that nobody plays?

Look out, because I'm about to become the best BRS player in the world!

10. i lol'ed.

i'll still out-TPM you once i master typomino. >_<

11. No one, I agree with Edo
    My hero would have to be Trance, his style is the most efficient out there he beats players that are a lot faster than him and that's just pure skill.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

You guys you don't have a complete culture of Tetris to judge it..I traveled and explored every domain of Tetris, but you, you are just completly obseded by SRS versus style and his top player (blink, trance, maserati..)
    You don't know anything about TGM, but me, as you saw, I spent a few month in your WORLD to understand things and become able to judge..

Being beaten by a common player in a tetris game randomely taken could not happen to me, but can happen to blink and trance..

(sorry for my bad humor and agressivity, I've just seen the last record of kevin.)

13. Yes, but Amnesia, what exactly has your quest to be good at all forms of Tetris given you? You can blame lack of joystick all you want, but all you've ended up doing is distracting yourself across so many modes that more focused players have caught up with you and in some ways surpassed you.

How much time you put in for Tetris practice is very important, and if you play for 20 hours a week in ten modes, you have two hours per mode, meaning when players put in 20 hours a week in five modes, they're going to slaughter you in the modes that they play. Sure, you'll be better at the other five, but if they're modes nobody really gives a shit about then being better in them isn't as valuable.

Players like Blink, Trance, and Samaf are absolutely awesome at modes they play. You can't dismiss their ability as players just because they're maybe not so good at modes they don't play. I'm sure Usain Bolt is absolutely shit at sports like, say, tennis or golf, but it doesn't change the fact that he's top of the world at sprinting. Your point is a completely retarded one, because what you're basically saying is "Blink and Trance should waste time playing modes they're not interested in just so they can be good at modes they're not interested in".

I suck as SRS VS with a keyboard. Someone could point it out as some gaping hole in my repertoire, except it isn't really. For one, I'm possibly the best player out there for ARS VS, and for two I'd probably be extremely good with SRS if I just took the time to switch over. I don't see why not having bothered to learn SRS on a keyboard is something that makes me a worse Tetris player. It doesn't make me a well-rounded player, but I'm still just as good at the modes that I apply myself to.

Amnesia, you hold too much importance in being good at all Tetris modes. You can try and end up being good at every mode, but that's all you'll manage: "good". You won't ever be one of the best at any of them. Most of the rest of us don't care if a player is a master of every rotation system or gravity setting. If they're amazing at one mode then they're still an amazing player. I'm sure I could beat colour_thief in Blockbox, but that doesn't lower my respect for him one inch because I know that's not what he plays and it's a dumb comparison. He kicks my ass in the TGM series, which we both care about and play, and that's what is important.
    Yet Amnesia, I can beat you in both Blockbox and TA Death, Sudden and Special Ti. TGM1 I despise playing, so really TAP Master is the only thing you truly hold over me (and I'm hunting your ass down in that as well :twisted:).

And why did you put 777 in the poll if being good at everything is more important than dominating a single mode? Dominating a single mode is OK as long as it's TGM?

Sorry if I'm being a bit scathing, but I just saw KevinDDR's most recent record.

14. Ai

Ai

Hahahah... Your Tetris hero doesn't have to be someone who is the best at something. It can be the I-piece, your 80-year-old grandma t-spinning or even Henk Rogers if you want. It was so predictable that this thread would turn out this way. Great job Amnesia. If I didn't know better, I would have had no other choice but to believe that you were trolling. ^^

Nice post Rosti_LFC. What Amnesia likes to forget is that if Blink, caffeine, Big C, Trance etc. were interested and really tried seriously, they would be very good ARS players in a short time. I myself am the kind of player that would rather be decent at a wide range of games and modes. I like to try different things and slowly become a better overall player that way. If I was world class at something I would do everything to keep it that way too.

Btw in the end I chose for Kan like many of you. It helps that he motivated me to try harder when I was stuck with S6 for ages in TGM1.

15. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

If you are like me, finish me now. I'm tired of all this .. Also I am an islamic extremist and am making bombs out of fertiliser.

16. "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna whore out TAP Master and TA Death like nobody's business.

17. 777 is just so god like in everything he does. Even outside the Tetris field.

18. I'd have to say caffeine. back when I was just a tetris noob he really helped me out and he gets my sense of humor and that is a rarity among tetris players. He also would play with me and he'd scrape me bad but he never rubbed it in or made me feel like a dumb scrub even though I really was. digi comes in close second but he gets minus points for telling me to start off with ti-world when I was trying to get into TGM.

19. my heroe is... alexei pajitnov ;)