Video - Twin Galaxies & Tetris Concept.

Thread in 'Discussion' started by boblaze, 3 Dec 2013.

?

Do you think video should be required for NES Tetris scores?

1. Yes - Everyone's high score should be verified.

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. Yes - A certain benchmark, such as 900k, should be used.

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. No.

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  4. Don't worry about it, Twin Galaxies will be back and better than ever...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hmm... so after actually doing it, I really, really don't even think video is unconquerable. You can tell what I did (especially since I'm telling you it's fake, rather than you having to pick up on it if I said it was real), but I'd only need to be slightly more dedicated to fix that. Any like... 600K player could undetectably fake a maxout. Possibly even to Twin Galaxies, if it was still around.

In an age where stuff like this exists (not what I did by the way, since I know nothing about hardware), the only real true step is in person verification! Interestingly, it seems Twin Galaxies at least at one point only required the console output, which means any neat hardware mods were potentially fair game. They just needed to be less obvious than the linked.

Anyone interested in tearing apart a fake video? PM me, I guess. I'm not posting it directly, since I don't want to ruin everyone's fun. I'd have not mentioned it at all, but at the end of the day when I finished it, I found it pretty cool. Maybe other programmer types might too.

2. I might be late to the discussion but I wanted to chime in regards to my own experience and perspective as someone who is fairly new to the Tetris Community and has recently started posting in the NES A-Type Leaderboard Thread.

As far as recording your scores I think that Yes, you should do it, because why not? I am not saying you need to do it, but if you are someone who is new to the community and not known as a decent Tetris player then it will probably stay that way if you do not have any proof of your scores.

And as someone who is new to the community I totally understand and respect the fact that you want videos to somewhat verify the score, and that does not bother me or make me not want to play and be a part of the community, in fact it just makes me more excited to actually post a good score and kind of prove myself because I can see how serious this is to some of you and how passionate you are about it.

tl;dr In conclusion I do not think that you should require video but that you should encourage people to record, as far as the pressure of recording and that it can result in you playing worse I think that could be the case for some people, so do not record then.