Video - Twin Galaxies & Tetris Concept.

Thread in 'Discussion' started by boblaze, 3 Dec 2013.

?

Do you think video should be required for NES Tetris scores?

1. Yes - Everyone's high score should be verified.

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. Yes - A certain benchmark, such as 900k, should be used.

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. No.

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  4. Don't worry about it, Twin Galaxies will be back and better than ever...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hmm... so after actually doing it, I really, really don't even think video is unconquerable. You can tell what I did (especially since I'm telling you it's fake, rather than you having to pick up on it if I said it was real), but I'd only need to be slightly more dedicated to fix that. Any like... 600K player could undetectably fake a maxout. Possibly even to Twin Galaxies, if it was still around.

In an age where stuff like this exists (not what I did by the way, since I know nothing about hardware), the only real true step is in person verification! Interestingly, it seems Twin Galaxies at least at one point only required the console output, which means any neat hardware mods were potentially fair game. They just needed to be less obvious than the linked.

Anyone interested in tearing apart a fake video? PM me, I guess. I'm not posting it directly, since I don't want to ruin everyone's fun. I'd have not mentioned it at all, but at the end of the day when I finished it, I found it pretty cool. Maybe other programmer types might too.