Video of the Tetris DS "I" block cheater

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Sully, 17 May 2006.

1. Sully

Sully Unregistered

You got a small helping of me tonight before I had to head back to work. Sorry I couldn't play more- hopefully we'll cross paths more in the future.

Good matches.

2. Nick15

Nick15 Unregistered

Well, the Tetris DS hacking deal-ma-thingy made it to 4 Color Rebellion. It's only a matter of time before it hits Joystiq and even Engadget. [​IMG]

3. this is the first thing that came to my mind. if they'd receive enough complaints, they ought to ban him. xbox live would. i was a bit disappointed when i saw the only action nintendo took was to change his name to *censored*.

4. Sully

Sully Unregistered

Where did they change his name?

5. i think he changed his name to tgm-pk. before, it had *censored* where it used to have fuck#

6. Sully

Sully Unregistered

Ok, so they are the same person. That's why someone else said that TGM-PK was hacking, too.

7. SuPa

SuPa Unregistered

o jeez sully, you got me good tonight. the first like 2-3 matches, i got the worst pieces ever but after my 2 wins you just owned me. good game. let's play for fun later, first to 20. PM me.

8. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

9. .....Uh.

Way to go Nintendo!

10. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

to the mod that's been deleting the posts and locking these ones:

11. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

The reply:

So. They don't actually read the threads before they act on them. EXCELLENT JOB WE'RE DOING OVER THERE. Geez.

12. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

13. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

The reply:

...yeah. I don't know what to say to that.

So, at first I thought, "ooooh boy, you're going to get it! what a moron!" but it seems that Nintendo is going to turn a blind eye and allow this to continue, since they apparently didn't put up the proper safeguards in the first place to protect them from this.

I mean, fine, it's a free service, but I've lost some respect for Nintendo over this. And I'm a huge, freakin' annoying Nintendo fanboi.

14. K

K

well i don't know about the TDS security system implementation... but it's a shame that a puzzle game is not much securised...

if i have to speculate on it :

The problem certainly come that the NWC don't follow all actions of users game behavior, but only the meeting initialisation and games report from both opponents, and clearly no active trace of the distribution... witch is as we can see a "critical information".

we don't have to blame nintendo.forum as they are not connected to NWC, but the developpement team, and the security model/guideline of the game :

- the distribution is determined locally on end user DS without verification from the NWC ?

- or is that game report can be soo easily cheated ?

so the cheat can be detected after a deconnection but not everytime ?

i don't understand very well the security "model/guideline" of TDS but those guyspopped out at the good/wrong time...

15. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Yeah, I'm not blaming the forum staff. I'm saying that if Corporate isn't/can't going to do anything about, then the forum staff should allow talk of how to protect yourself from cheaters.

16. K

K

absolutely not,

because allowing this topic discussion, is equal to publicly accept that their company game security is shity...

they are not related to NWC but to still to Big N, and no company need this kind of ads.

unconfortable position for moderator...

oh oh those guys are recruiting ? hmmm.... nevermind....

17. Shirase

Shirase Unregistered

The amusing thing about this is that it could have been prevented if Nintendo had put some thought into the wi-fi system. I've played online games in which the penalty for cheating is massive. (Mostly in Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast. Sega had it so that if you were caught cheating, you ran the risk of losing ALL your items and cash. In a game like that, that was huge)

But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Okay, perhaps they didn't think about it because who the hell would cheat at Tetris of all things. Allright..noted.

However, there are people cheating at Tetris. Shocking I know, but unfortunately it's true. The fix for this would be rather easy. Just make a site or something with a list of known cheaters. That way, people could avoid them. I dunno if there you lose points for powering off before the match (When your opponent's name is revealed), but that seems to be the best solution.

However it seems that Nintendo would rather have people ruin their ratings than to admit there's a problem.

People, it seems that we're gonna have to take this matter into our own hands somehow.

18. Yeah, if you can manage to beat him enough, heh...

Really, though, this is almost sad. It really kills any hope I had for them.

19. Shirase

Shirase Unregistered

Yeah, that's the amusing thing about it. If you do manage to beat him, then it's quite a feat.

20. theoretically, the best strategy would be to start the game off with a t-spin triple or something like that. i'm not really sure what's optimal for starting, but it's definitely not tetrises. if, say, the top players one day reached that level, then fuckpound would be at a definite disadvantage. although, i'd be willing to say that most of the top ten can all ready take him on. (if top players had that hack, then it'd be a different story).