Upgraded to phpbb3: suggestions, complaints, logo?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 25 Jun 2008.

1. This might work:

In forumlist_body.html (both theme), find
    Code:
    <div style="float: {S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN}; margin-{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}: 5px;">{forumrow.FORUM_IMAGE}</div><div style="float: {S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN};">
    replace with:
    Code:
    <div style="float: {S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN}; margin-{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}: 5px;"></div><div style="float: {S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN};">
    That should kill that {forumrow.FORUM_IMAGE} (no idea what it is for).

Also, while we're at it:

In overall_header.html (my theme, line 139), find
    Code:
    <td align="left"><br/><h1>{SITENAME}</h1><span class="sub_title">{SITE_DESCRIPTION}</span> </td> 
    replace with:
    Code:
    <td align="left"><br/><h1><a href="{U_INDEX}">{SITENAME}</a>y</h1><span class="sub_title">{SITE_DESCRIPTION}</span> </td> 
    and in stylesheet.css, add
    Code:
    h1 a:active, h1 a:visited, h1 a:link {color:#fff}
    That will add a link to the forum index in the title.

2. Are you still struggling with this image issue caffein ?

Anyway, folks at #arika told me that links don't have any style on them (or rather, they're invisible). You should add
    Code:
    a.postlink:link, a.postlink:active, a.postlink:visited{
    color:#597697;
    text-decoration: underline;
    }
    a.postlink:visited{
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    somewhere in stylesheet.css.

Also, replace
    [​IMG] with

(much more readable I think)

3. I already know about that problem and I've corrected it on a non-live version. It has to do with language settings. I'm still working with the first issue.

Edit: Alright! Someone offered a solution at the phpBB3 support forum. About your theme, petit. Links look the same as regular text. Also, the "credits" section is kind of huge.

4. d

d Unregistered

5. K

K

since the firefox last update i can't access the website :
    i always have the "index.php" downloaded file.
    using opera or IE works.

6. I have it as a cache error. If I just go to '.../forum' rather than '.../forum/index.php' it seems to work fine

7. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

You mean the font in Roger Dean's Tetris logo, used on most Tetris products since 1999? I wouldn't advise that; it's a potential trademark/trade dress violation.

8. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

Yeah, the use of that font in the protest video is protected under the first amendent. use of it for the website is not.

9. K

K

ahh yeah exactly.... '/forum/index.php' don't work properly

10. So for the forums, anything ending with .php doesn't work? Hm, I thought I had the latest Firefox. What operating system are you using?

11. That was ages ago, when the servers went a bit screwy. It's long fixed itself now.

12. That's the thing about PHP: It's entirely server-side as long as the server is working correctly...

13. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

So are Perl, Java EE, Python, Ruby, and VB.NET.