Updated tetrisfriends.com

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 4 Mar 2009.

1. Yeah, all those perverted tetrisexuals out there.

Do kids these days even play Tetris? My nieces and nephews don't seem to have a clue what it is, and they're all into video games, so it's not like they should be so oblivious.

2. Haha tetrisexuals. And i know very few kids who play. My brother wont play anything but COD:4

and im 22 and this is one of the few games i play anymore

3. I don't know how young you're talking, but I'm 17.

4. Thats cool. Were should really make a TDS forum tho and have everyones FCs on the front page. That would be helpful and pretty fun to kill off some time.

And as far as the tetrisexuls, yea they must be the worst thru nintendo games cause look at xbox stuff, you go and play halo and you never hear about how someone got raped the day after they played matchmaking. But in Tetris, no ones name ever pops up... Meaning? Well, all those rapers are playing nintendo so nintendo is trying to preserve it's innocence by blocking them out. I think his would be a good story for dateline NBC. But i'm not 100% sure i have all my facts straight yet.

5. Is anyone here having problems getting the game to load? I try to load up Battle 2P and I just keep getting a blank area where the game's supposed to be.

6. It appears I was mistaken. :<

7. thylacine

thylacine Unregistered

Yes, it's still broken for me too. I thought perhaps there was something wrong with my PC when you said it had been fixed. Still hoping.

8. mzhang07

mzhang07 Unregistered

first time posting on TC.
    i hope they eventually merge the tetrisfriends website with the application on facebook so the high scores can be merged.
    also the replay video of my tetris sprint record is just a bunch of pieces being randomly dropped, which i hope they will fix because i never actually got a chance to watch the replay of my game.

9. jujube

jujube Unregistered

hi mzhang07. it sounds like there was a desync in your replay, which will likely never be fixed. the same thing happens to other people sometimes.

10. mzhang07

mzhang07 Unregistered

thanks.
    how sad, i guess i'll just have to beat the record.

11. I had the same problem. Facebook tetris friends has not done this to me yet however, only tetrisfriends.com

12. invincibler

invincibler Unregistered

Hey guys. Just started my addiction of tetris. I found tetrisfriends a good place to play. However, I can't seem to beat level 10 and up, because the DAS is too slow. The piece fall before it gets to the side. I've seen you guys, or some of you, play on that website and you have lightning fast DAS. How did you do that?

13. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

There are utilities that you can install into some versions of Windows to inject keypresses into the focused application.[1] One Switch describes how to install JoyToKey; in one of the screenshots, I seem to see a feature called "Automatic Shooting" that may do what you want.

But you can work around slow DAS by building the center of your stack higher in a sort of pyramid structure.

[1] Under Windows, the focused application is the one whose titlebar is selected, usually the one on top.

14. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Be aware that there are a large number of cheaters on that website, and not all replays can be trusted. Dishonest losers have found ways to slow the game down to a snail's pace, enabling them to get record times despite actually playing really slowly. If the game is slowed down to 10% of its original speed, repeatedly pressing left or right to move the tetrominoes, even if performed slowly, will give the illusion of ultra fast DAS when the game is played back at normal speed.

15. If you wait until the piece appears before holding left/right, you'll have more trouble getting it to the side. It sometimes helps to use the hold to swap your piece so you can start to hold in the direction you're going to want to move your held piece and then swap the pieces so the autoshift is already active.

Mainly, it helps if you know how SRS works, so you know how you can manipulate pieces once they hit the stack. Games with 20G like Tetris DS are pretty helpful for figuring that out.

I don't think the cheaters replays ever stay up for more than a day or so before they're removed, so I think most of the replays you see probably are legitimate.

16. avid

avid Unregistered

Hello, first time poster. I discovered this website a while ago whilst trying to improve my tetris game on tetris splash. Have you noticed that the Marathon leader on tetrisfriends.com softdrops and piece and then holds it and hard drops the next one to get extra points. I didn't think this was a valid strategy but it seems he gets extra points for it [​IMG]

17. jujube

jujube Unregistered

hi avid. that does sound kind of lame, and probably not intended as a real strategy. i hope they fix it. we had a discussion about this a while ago, but i can't remember which thread it was in.

18. avid

avid Unregistered

Yeah, seems lame to me too.

19. m:)

m:) Unregistered

takes him like an hour to play the game [​IMG]

20. The scoring in marathon is stupid enough, but that's ridiculous that they award soft drop points for pieces you never actually place.

Reminds me of the stupid soft drop scoring in Tetris DS where you can hold down in 20G while infinite spinning a piece to continuously collect soft drop points.