Updated tetrisfriends.com

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 4 Mar 2009.

1. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i really like survival mode. the only thing that gets me is the slow DAS and line clear delay in timed modes.

2. Yeah, survival is worth playing just for the invisible bonus stage. The game doesn't feel sluggish to me except when my browser freezes up, but I'm not a speed demon, so I wouldn't really notice.

3. Signed up as TC_Tim.

Also hi, I'm Tim.

4. Welcome Tim.

I signed up as TC_Kasumi.

I lose my connection sometimes when I'm not plugged into my router which is inconvenient. Just so it's known.

5. They need to implement a built in keymapping. The website says it is still in beta, does anyone think any cool features will be added soon? It would be cool if some people for the tetris company were active on the site.

6. There is Built in keymapping. Click game options and click the controls -custom button. Then click the thing you want to change and press the key you want.

Also, man I am too used to getting owned on TOJ. I'm undefeated right now in this game. Though I realize I'm not promoted enough to get matched up against the really good other TC members, I still totally feel above average in Tetris again.

Also this game's garbage system is WEIRD.

Edit: Okay after like 13 matches I finally got KO'd. But I still won the match. My confidence is going to be crushed very soon when I get promoted some more, though. [​IMG]

7. Oh wow I missed that. The garbage system gives too much for combos imo

8. m:)

m:) Unregistered

the whole thing is kind of odd, it's more like a race against someone else's game.

9. I'm a bit disappointed by the online Tetris games I see where you need to earn points or even pay to unlock game modes and stuff. I think it ruins the competitiveness of the game. This game looks alright but I'm not going to try it just because I don't want to waste time trying to get unlocks and stuff.

10. I don't know what to think about this game's mechanics. On the one hand, It's really easy to get two KOs right in the a row if the person doesn't have anything to counter it in the hold piece box. Since part of their playing field stays after a KO, it just gets pushed right back up on the attacking player's next move. On the other hand, it's kind of neat the way it allows the defending player to take advantage of the person-who-just-ko'd-them's-high-stack with whatever they had prepared.

Hmm... I dunno. In any case, I'm finally getting destroyed now that I'm a champion. I went undefeated until I became a champion. The skill gap between the Rank 15's and the Rank 14's is absolutely incredible.

11. m:)

Kasumi, you realize you are not playing someone in real time correct?

it's like your playing ultra against someone's past game but with garbage. they never even know they have been KO'd

but yeah, you KO someone only to have them send b2b tetrises at you.

12. jujube

jujube Unregistered

if i remember correctly, you'll have enough tokens after signing up to unlock one of the two locked modes. after playing a few games you'll be able to unlock the other one.

13. Yeah, it was trivial to unlock both games with the points they give you just for signing up and for playing. They don't even have the option to pay money to buy points, so I'm not too sure why they're giving away all this Tetris goodness for free when it's probably cutting into their Tetris Zone profits, but they are.

The other unlockables aren't really necessary because there's nothing wrong with the default pieces they give you. It was pretty cool to unlock the retro Gameboy style minos and play a game with them, but I doubt anyone would really prefer to play in monochrome no matter how powerful the nostalgia.

14. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Tetris seems to abandon products after two years, and I think Tetris Zone has hit the two-year mark. As far as I can tell, Tetris's new business model looks like this: give away the game on desktop PCs and laptop PCs at Wi-Fi hotspots, get people hooked on The Real Thing, and then charge them for play on laptops away from hotspots, on handhelds (e.g. iPhone and Radica's surprisingly good color screen Tetris), and on devices connected to SDTVs (e.g. Wii, X?O).

15. m:)

i am by no means trying to contradict your statement tepples, but wow iphone tetris is really really bad. awful indeed. that said i'm sure it's on lots of 'em.

when they dropped the price to $5 i grabbed it.. in the end those tuff times when i'm sitting there in the waiting room..

i end up turing that tetris off.

rummer has it ea's tetris kicked a much better free version off of the app store.

16. I was not aware of that, no. Huh... That's actually really interesting that they did it that way. (Not against a real time person.) Huh. Cool idea.

17. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

Actually, it's very uncool.
    Your lines have no effect on what they do.

But their garbage does have an effect on you, reducing your mobility. Your opponent is still magically able to place their pieces where they placed them before, even if the same inputs wouldn't cause the same result because there isn't clearance anymore.

Once i figured out what was going on, I realised how much bs the mode actually is. It would be kinda fun if it were realtime versus opponents, who would have to react to your garbage, instead of you being the only one reacting to theirs.

18. I meant more of it being a cool idea, in that it works at all. It's a way to get lagfree multiplayer anyway. It always did kind of puzzle me how some people played so well when their garbage was so high. Now I just feel completely silly. It's not even live. [​IMG]

19. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i earned 30 tokens for logging in today!

20. That's strange. I notice it now shows tokens and lifetime tokens in the profiles, but they're the exact same number. Probably everyone here has already unlocked everything, so I guess we just keep accumulating these tokens to flaunt them like rich people who have so much money they don't know how to spend it, heh heh.