Trying to get back into things

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Xkeeper, 14 Jan 2010.

1. Normally I would just try to find one but there are so god damn many clones these days that I do not where to go. :sowsuser:

Hell, I'm still using Texmaster 2009 Patch 1. Oi. So what's the best TGM simulator out there at the moment? I seem to get conflicting answers between Texmaster and Nullpomino.

2. Muf

Muf

For TGM1 emulation, I think Eirstt is pretty good.

3. what exactly do you mean by "best"? =P

4. I'm under the impression that the only thing that versions of Texmaster newer than that include is SRS.

5. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

HEBORISC7

7. SYN7HOR

SYN7HOR Drama Queen

I would say Heboris C7V4EX. Finally something that works in fullscreen on my LCD TV, over HDMI. It feels very responsive, plays every mode there is, and EVERYTHING is customizable. The only bad thing about it are the attack, def, item and normal choice you have to make at the beginning of ever versus game. Anyone know how to disable those and just let it play at normal?

Here's the one I'm using -> http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5234648/Heboris__C7V4EX_(Tetris)_-S7R

8. That doesn't mean anything if the modes aren't accurately cloned.

9. Well, it can be close enough that it's fun for all the same reasons. But if you want to compete with others, texmaster and the real games are still the only choices at the moment.

10. SYN7HOR

SYN7HOR Drama Queen

What's the problem with Heboris vs Heboris competition? The game surely isn't scoring randomly? It even automagically records every session.

I like TAP alot too, me and my friends (I'm not the only TGM junkie around here!) spend about an equal amount of time with Heboris and TAP. TAP just feels really good, but it's sucks not being able to turn off the music. That tune you hear when you play vs, it's not really funny anymore. It fucking sucks.

But I'm having a hard time dealing with 20g without floorkicks for the I, so I'm most comfortable with the TI-ARS rotation in Heboris.

The day MAME emulates TGM3, will probably be one of the happiest days of my life.

11. Muf

Muf

The fact that almost nobody plays it anymore these days, so you're likely to either be alone on the leaderboards or competing against old records set years ago.

12. SYN7HOR

SYN7HOR Drama Queen

Yeah, but why doesn't anyone play it? Because the scores aren't comparable to the real TGM scores?

13. Muf

Muf

The scores also aren't really comparable between different computers-- A rather buggy game engine coupled with the inability to drop frames means often people aren't playing the game at full 60fps, making gameplay easier and invalidating their scores.

14. m:)

m:)

I get the same scores in heboris C7 and texmaster.

The new texmaster does add those medals you get to tell you how your doing, it also saves section times now.

15. I meant that competition only works when others compete with you, and people are rarely sharing Heboris records these days. It's probably a combination of people prefering things that are more accurate, and the death of Heboris development, and the huge stigma against Heboris due to Arika's direct persecution of it.

16. Could someone tell me what the buttons are on a TGM3 cab? Im trying to set up an arcade stick to be the most accurate that it can be. right now i have button 1 rotating left, 2 right, 3 left, and 4 swap. is that right?

17. Muf

Muf

[​IMG]

Code:
    World rule (SRS):

(*)   (R)(L)(R)
     |   (H)

Classic rule (ARS):

(*)   (L)(R)(L)
     |   (H)

18. Texmaster just does a better job cloning than Heboris does, replays are less of a faff, and it has easy AVI-conversion (in the older versions at least), which is the main reason I use it.

19. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

Heboris Mini has more accurate cloning of the TGM modes in it.

However, it also allows you to rerecord, playing a replay back and then lets you break in. This invalidates it completely. Heboris is simply not secure.

I do feel it has better response than texmaster, though, which is probably why Amnesia likes it.

20. Amnesia just likes it because there's less competition against his records, so he feels like he's better than he actually is.