Trial of Masters

Thread in 'Discussion' started by colour_thief, 25 Mar 2009.

1. Here's a competition that's a little exclusive... But hopefully awesome as well. Here are the rules:

Every time you get an M, you need to carve a vertical line into the nearest object. For your 5th line, carve a horizontal line through the previous 4, in the style of someone in prison counting the days passing. Wimps can use paper or something to keep track, but carving it into your desk, wall, or little brother is preferred.

Post a picture of your tally whenever you're done playing for the day, and the winner will be the person with the highest tally. Or rather, everyone wins because they have a souvenir to remind them of how awesome they were at death mode all week. [​IMG]

2. Or the really hardcore people can carve the lines into their forearm.

Get enough M's and you can die for real! [​IMG]

3. So what are people up to? I'm assuming Rosti is at 7... I stopped after 15.

4. I've made two slices in this can of Coca-Cola on my desk. I almost had three, but I had some wacky problems and lost control. That game ended on-pace at 497, hehe.

My challenge, proposed by Zircean, is to have 10 slices in the can by the end of the Carnival. I think I can pull it off. >:]

5. I assume you drank the coke inside first [​IMG]

I'm up to seven, all with the keyboard so far. Five on TAP and two on Texmaster Sudden.

6. I'm up to 30... Stopped again today after another 15.

7. You know, c_t, generally those are called "tally marks" [​IMG]

Maybe they don't use them much in canada?

Anyways, I can't say much here because I'm not an M player.

8. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Perhaps c_t was trying to specify the Euroamerican variant of tally marks, not the East Asian variant that runs more like this:
    1. Overline
    2. T
    3. Ligature of T and F used to cheat on true-false exams
    4. Add vertical stroke near the baseline
    5. Add baseline, ending up with a character similar to the Chinese character for "five"

9. [​IMG]

10. Just thought I'd share that I hit 100 last night!

11. K

K

wow
    dude you rock ! [​IMG]

12. Muf

Muf

[​IMG]

13. Ai

Ai

Congrats! A lot sooner than I expected. Nice job mufunyo!

^^

14. Zing!
    I love jokes where the punchline is Amnesia needs to buy a real stick. [​IMG]

15. Currently in my sig, but for reference in a day or two when it isn't:

[​IMG]

And I'm done for the carnival this year.
    Definitely going to keep playing Death though. I don't feel like Gm is that far away any more.

16. [​IMG]

The breakdown was like this:
    Wednesday: 15
    Thursday: 15
    Friday: 1 (I only played 1 game total)
    Saturday: 34
    Sunday: 35
    Monday: 6
    Tuesday: 14

17. The messy times are mine...oops. [​IMG] I didn't know it was an *important* piece of paper!

18. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I hope to never become so addicted in my life honnestly..
    My best so far is still 6..But maybe I already did more than 20 games at 460+ one day..I am still expecting to see one day my average move over 500...

19. You're starting to sound like an average youtube comment. Keep making up excuses for what seperates us.

20. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Ha ha..No seriously c_t, do you think that 35 M rank in a day is reasonable for the health ?