Records: [Ti] Master

Thread in 'Competition' started by Muf, 31 Jul 2008.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

How many people here think that practicing the m roll 30min a day for 1 month is enough ?
    It is like 5% of what I have already done...

2. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Kevin, why twist my words?

It's not a matter of "not being bothered"; you're making it sound like I'm lazy.

Why don't you spend 30 minutes a day for a month learning how to speak Swedish? Is it because you're too lazy, or is it because your interest in learning is insufficient to merit the investment of your time?

You've brought this point up before, and I don't really understand why it matters so much to you that I'm not interested in getting GM in Ti. Must my goals in Tetris be the same as yours?

3. The difference is that spending 30 minutes a day for one month on the M-roll would allow you to fully master the M-roll and just casually pick up a top 3 worldwide position in Ti, whereas 30 minutes a day for a month learning how to speak Swedish wouldn't really accomplish much of anything. I don't know though, if you're just not interested in it, then don't bother.

4. K

K

Speaking any other langage is more productive in social interactivity than getting GM in Ti.. The "worldwide" reference is totally subjective.

Last edited: 18 Jun 2011
  5. K

K

6. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

S6 725 6:48:21

is it just me or does TI have faster lock delay than texmaster

7. Hi guys, how are you...
    I got M9 in a Provisional Ranking on 06/28/11... It was achieved on the arcade game, but the hacked taito type X game for pc that it was released a few days ago, here´s the screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    It`s the real game but on pc... Does this record count for the leaderboard ranking? If it doesn´t, I totally understand... ;)

Last edited: 29 Jun 2011
  8. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

nahucirujano, can you get your player data to save properly?

9. Sorry, I don't know if I understood what you wanted to mean, my english is not perfect..
    Do you mean if I can save my progress? My Qualification Exams?
    If is this, yes, the game saves all correctly and automatically ;)

10. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Weird. For me my data doesn't save.

11. Do you have a second hard disc? Or just C:?
    To the games to save properly, you need another hard disc, because that´s how they work to save progress... My progress is saved in D hard disc...
    However, there were released some fixed launchers for these game, that allow the game to save progress in C ;)

12. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

i just checked, it saves to D, my 2nd drive is F though, brb writing fix

13. Muf

Muf

You don't need to "write" a fix; the very implication indicates your extremely novice skill :rolleyes:

Just point your hexeditor to $6A0AC and be enlightened...

14. subst D: F:

...if you want to use an unmodified binary for whatever reason.

15. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

dumfass i already changed it in notepad++

i was going to post a patcher

16. mat

mat

eep. so... this is a thing that happened? any more information about this that we want to discuss? like, responsible parties, ramifications, tetrisconcept stance? seems like maybe we need a thread for this...

17. Well, I thought so too, but it seems like the general policy is "we have nothing to do with it, so it's out of our hands." Someone leaked a random pack of TTX/TTX2 data on a public torrent tracker. It's really unfortunate that they didn't some discretion and leave TGM3 out of what was generally rips of fighters and shmups -- most of which having pre-existing successful console ports, -- but I guess that sort of speaks to their unfamiliarity with the community and the current state of TGM development.

If people want to talk about it, I suppose that's their prerogative. I mean, it's not like this is going to stop the lucky few players with local arcades that have TGM3 from visiting, nor would it affect any TCer's judgment in purchasing a coveted console port should hell freeze over and one be released.

18. SYN7HOR

SYN7HOR Drama Queen

This community is very weird. We should ofcourse have been celebrating this release ever since it was first released (2 years ago?). This SHOULD breathe new life into the TGM scene... BUT NOOOO..... Let's kill it, because that's what the best players with cabs want....

:rolleyes:

If anyone feels like starting a new TC with total freedom of speech, I'll be there.

19. Ah, you've exposed me! I want to kill the TGM scene, and I'm an antisocial shut in who would like nothing better than to spend the rest of my life locked in my basement with my Astro City and the only remaining copy of TGM3 after I've tracked down every other one in existence and had them eliminated! I despise every other person who plays TGM, especially those weirdos who were at the Strasbourg meetup, and the London meetup, and the many Seattle meetups.

Darn.

20. Hmm.
    Will there be a third? I think you secretly love it here. In what way has speech been restricted? People are just as free to voice their disappointment as you are to celebrate its release. The post you quoted by muf shows that speech is pretty free here. Do you expect every member in the community to have exactly the same opinion on this? Because it seems like it. Muf's on "your side", Kitaru is not and what's wrong with that? How does that make this community strange? A group of people together are bound to have a different opinion, and you even have someone who is "against" you saying you have freedom to talk about this.

Maybe your speech will be restricted if you link where to get it, but that's standard fare. You are always welcome to create your vision of a better Tetris community. Yes, we know. You live in Sweden. You will never get sued for any copyright infringement. So go forth and conquer then. What's keeping you here?