The Introduction Thread

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Ai, 30 May 2008.

1. That's the old version that doesn't work with the newest Texmaster

2. Ah, didn't know that. Sorry. Found the new one:

3. Actually the last version of Texmaster that works on macOS (at least on the thread OP) still uses WAV, so that's perfect for me, cheers!

4. Hello, my dudes.
    I posted my introduction here about 8 months ago and then I disappeared.
    Weeell, things happened, school went horribly and I had to study a lot. But here I am, finally!
    Today I finished soldering the Sanwa JLF contacts onto my arcadestick's board, set the thing to 4-way and BAM! I don't understand.
    No seriously, I don't understand... I thought TGM would feel so natural on a 4way jlf, but I'm finding myself seriously impaired.
    I guess it's just a matter of time & getting used to it :) (and my stacking still sucks hard.)

So... How are you boys doing ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

5. Not sure what you're used to, yet it took me about a month to transition from keyboard to stick on TGM3. It felt a bit weird at first yet now using stick is second nature to me (even if the transition from SRS to ARS never fully went through. Gotta play using BAC for buttons instead of ABC.)

6. I'd say the swap from keyboard to stick took about 3-4 weeks for me as well before my stick was at least as good as my keyboard play. Now I can't go back to keyboard. There is a lot of muscle memory you need to develop, so you just have to play a bunch :)

7. I'm used to... Not playing this game? I don't know, I'm used to ARS buttons and not SRS already, but I'm not familiar at all with the movement tech in this game. I'll practice.
    Also, I changed my arcade controller's stick with a sanwa, but not the buttons. They still suck hard, worst buttons I've ever touched, so until I find the cash to buy 2 sanwa or seimitsu buttons I'll be using stick and two keyboard keys. :\

Last edited: 22 May 2017 at 8:15 PM
  8. Sanwa buttons are about £2 a pop. So decking your stick out shouldn't be too expensive. Though I'd recommend at least 3 buttons. Even 4 if you can do it (At least the first two buttons and hold.)

As for the tech, that usually comes through practice and watching other people do said tech so you know when to do it.

9. And flicking through the guide hosted by Kitaru occasionally: http://kitaru.1101b.com/TGMGUIDE/

Watching other people do it is only good if you know what they're doing. Someone like Qlex does the French touch so quickly that it's not obvious at all what is actually happening, for example.

10. Thanks guys, I'll just get my buttons and start training for serious. I feel like this is a bad decision for my work career :p

11. Don't worry. 90% of my play time nowadays is me playing the game on my work breaks. So even with a couple hours a week of practice you'll still see improvement.

12. I don't know man, I'm trying but it feels like being anally raped... Does it ever stop hurting?

13. Fewer hours will mean you progress slower. Though progress will still happen (I've been playing casually for nearly 2 years now and I'm starting to close in on a T.A.Death M. If I made it my main game I'd be closing in on a TAP Master GM at this point yet what I'm proving here is that even with something as simple as a few games a day, you'll still improve over time.)

FreakyByte likes this.