The Introduction Thread

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Ai, 30 May 2008.

1. Have you never heard of Blockbox or NullpoMino?

2. Is that a serious question? Do you think anyone in the world who isn't on here or HardDrop has?

It's the main reason it's never going to be that successful.

3. Well, I know there are some Facebook players on Blockbox at least. But yeah, you're right about Nullpo.

4. Yesssssssssssssssss

5. ...Null-wut?

6. Hi everybody!
    I love tetris and I thought it's about time to register. :D
    My skill isn't very high but I manage to reach about lvl 400 at TAP.
    I'm going to Akiba soon, so I'll have to start practicing again a little in advance. :) (I hope they still have TGM in the arcades there)

7. Ai

Ai

Hi and welcome! Great to hear you're a TGM player. You don't have to worry about TGM availability. Have a great time and hopefully you can improve your records.

Oh and thanks for reminding me of the hilarious Giga Pudding commercial. Are you Swiss?

Also a belated welcome Mariowinsall. Enjoy your stay!

8. Muf

Muf

:rolleyes:

9. Ai

Ai

^^

I wasn't completely sure. Shouldn't be so lazy... I admit it's a very stupid question. ^^;

10. Thanks for the warm welcome! I already made it to 460 in the first try after months! :D
    And yes, CH means Switzerland. :p

11. Hey Brookman! Good to see a new player (or at least new to the forums). TAP is an evil game, but if you keep struggling with it you'll eventually become great. Trust me, it will happen. :D Have you played any TGM3 clones or anything like that? When you're in Japan, you need to try TGM3 in a real arcade machine! Also, what other games do you play?

12. Actually I have only played TAP in Mame so far (first saw it in an arcade). Maybe I should check a clone for Ti. Which one has the most accurate settings?

Tetris games I have played: old-school Game Boy, DS (I don't really like it) and tetrisfriends flash version. I don't play any other arcade games.

Apart from that I used to play DotA, TF2, Teeworlds, Warsow and a bunch of other PC and PC3 games. Now I'm not able and willing to spend so much time for that anymore.
    The advantage of Tetris is of course that a session can be very short unlike other games where one has to spend 2h for a single match.:)

13. Hooray, another swiss guy ! Welcome !

14. The most played clone for Ti is probably Texmaster. However, Nullpomino is more accurate. That being said, if you want to compete on here I'd probably play Texmaster. Keep in mind that I played exclusively on Texmaster for about a year and then when my arcade got TGM3 transitioned with absolutely no effort.

15. I'm glad someone knows what I'm talking about. Do you know if there is an internet verison of this game or a remake out there?

I've just downloaded nullpomino but no one was online except for one other person who refused to play with or simply just didn't answer.

16. Heeeeey... I decided to actually start posting here. Partly because Hard Drop is sort of boring, partly because I want to actually learn about TGM, and partly because I'm moving to Seattle in a few weeks.

1. I started playing seriously in Fall 2007-ish... That was when I found TF and Blockbox, anyway. And I think I'm pretty good(but not "great") at everything except 20G. (My best game in TAP Master is around 170. :\ )

2. I've played most of the modern Tetris games, along with Tetris(Game Boy) and Tetris Worlds. I kind of want to play NES Tetris... Right now I play mostly Nullpo and TDS with a little bit of Blockbox and Hangame.

3. Tetris is the only game I play regularly, but I'm also a huge RPG and survival horror fan. I end up hopping between games a lot... Right now I'm playing through Dead Space.

Too lazy to answer 4 and 5. Cheers.

17. Hey, good to see you over here!

18. !!!

But I see you used the word "used..." Does that mean you don't play anymore?

19. I do not. To my knowledge, there is one sequel and it's for the DS. It's almost the same except you can "capture" Pokemon for later use.

Kitaru is bitching how the games are skinned copies of Panel de Pon, so if you are just interested in games that play like that, that's a lead.

edit: Kitaru is also saying that I misunderstood the question. Take what you will, Mariowinsall.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2010
  20. The most recent iteration is Planet Puzzle League for the Nintendo DS. There is also a Puzzle League Express based on this title available on DSiWare. I don't know if there is too much in the way of fan clones. I know there is a rough open source clone of it called Crack Attack, but I couldn't tell you how it compares to the real deal.