TGM4 Announced^W Cancelled^W Revived!!

Thread in 'Discussion' started by colour_thief, 20 Aug 2009.

1. Re: TGM4 Announced!!

A six-wide well, eh? That's, like, the TetriNET version of Big Mode or something.

2. Re: TGM4 Announced!!

Im quite sure that this game will offer an internet-based global ranking. Hopefully that wont rule out a home use of it.

3. orz

orz

Re: TGM4 Announced!!

if anything, that should encourage them to do a console port of it

4. Ai

Ai

It's a shame that we have yet to see gameplay videos. Is it kept low profile until they have a version closer to the final build? Plenty of videos from the other games at the event though.

Dekaris Tetris Doubles video can be found here. I don't think one can move freely over the entire field.

EDIT:

The latter is true and confirmed in this first impressions article with some more details. The 2 middle columns are shared by both players and they can swap pieces during play.

5. Re: TGM4 Announced!!

O LAWD IZ THAT SUM TGM

(go to 0:29 and listen very carefully)

6. Re: TGM4 Announced!!

:awe:

7. Re: TGM4 Announced!!

After a good sized drought on TGM4 information, Mihara has posted a bit more on his blog. Sounds like things are still going forward, and there may be another location test as early as October 31st, though the location is not yet announced.

8. Ai

Ai

Someone asked for gameplay movies and it looks like we need to be patient for a little while longer. Hopefully they will show something this weekend.

9. Re: TGM4 Announced!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KYOTO KYOTO KYOTO. (lol, as if, why of all places ;P)

Oh.

10. Re: TGM4 Announced!!

Hey, today is the day! Any information yet?

11. Re: TGM4 Announced!!

Yeah it was at Shibuya. There has been lots of TGM4 talk on Mihara's blog. I'm not sure if I'm getting the whole meaning, but possibly Konoha was not playable this time. At the very least, they are finding it particularly difficult to balance this mode. Who knows if the final version will omit S and Z pieces... Certainly the mode seems different enough that I think it needs its own very different randomizer.

12. Re: TGM4 Announced!!

Is there a good reason for removing S's and Z's? Even in regular Ti, stacking for bravos isn't that difficult.

13. Re: TGM4 Announced!!

Well, they are the only pieces that you can't bravo with when clearing lines. Also this mode requires bravos simply to progress. It wouldn't be fair to leave them up to chance.

14. Re: TGM4 Announced!!

I'm not too clear on how this mode works, really, so don't mind me.

15. Re: TGM4 Announced!!

Is anyone already thinking about buying this? :)

16. Re: TGM4 Announced!!

Not for a long, long time.

17. Ai

Ai

18. Muf

Muf

TGM has been neutered...