Records: [TGM3][Heboris][Texmaster] Global TI MASTER

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 4 Mar 2008.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Maybe it is about time to do it, just for indication, I don't think the very little differences between TI, Heboris and Texmaster prevent this leaderboard to be accurate.
    The 3 permited supports are :

-TI Master
    -Heboris MASTER #G4
    -Texmaster special ti

Rotation system : classic/ARS

Code:
     1 - DIGITAL--------------m9 - 999 @ 6:06:-- - Tex 
     2 - Amnesia--------------m8 - 999 @ 6:22:-- - Tex
     3 - colour_thief---------m8 - 999 @ 6:2-:-- - TI* -
     4 - jago-----------------m8 - 999 @ -:--:-- - TI* -
     5 - Rosti LFC -----------m5 - --- @ 7:--:-- - Tex
     6 -

11 - cdsboy---------------S7 - 847 @ 7:11:90 - Tex 
    12 - sjoecool1991---------S6 - 839 @ 9:03:45 - Tex 
    13 - Billmaan-------------S6 - 812 @ 7:24:16 - Tex - 03/07/08
    14 - EIHoppe--------------S6 - 586 @ 5:03:33 - Tex
    15 - Ghett0---------------S5 - 617 @ 6:23:-- - Tex
    16 - Caithness------------S5 - 610 @ 6:11:91 - Tex 

18 - Red Star-------------S1 - 645 @ 8:04:43 - Tex 

* leaderboard closed..
    Go to the Texmaster special ti, or TI Master leaderboard.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Sep 2009
  2. Can I have separate scores for Ti Master and Heboris G4?

Because my scores are very different for some reason.

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

There already are different leaderboards, the objectif is not to erase the other leaderboards and gather every score here, it is just an abstract leaderboard.. and I decided to take the best of the 2 one..

Everybody is free to submit their score here, or in the appropriate topic..

What is the reasons sjoecool ?

EDIT :

Code:
    Digital -----------m7   999  06:00:23  2.78  01/03/08 
    etherstorm --------m6   999  06:21.23  2.62  08/08/07 
    Amnesia -----------m4   999  06:38:10  2.51  03/03/08 

where are you ? [​IMG]

4. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

Can you confirm that heboris and texmaster have the same curve and grading system? If they don't i don't think this board is fair.

5. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I already asked this question to a large number of player..From at least edo and DIGITAL, the main differences are only about few unperceptible frames between lock delay, ARE, line clear delay, etc..

Sure if you pass from one to the other, you will feel a little difference and support a light tetlag, but it seems to not be enough to influence the real performance of every players.. [​IMG]

I would like report and the creator of Heboris give their opinion here..

If too many players disagree with my two last leaderboards, I would understand if they would decide to erase it.

6. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Erm... I'm not sure that I ever said that [​IMG] .

I've said this a couple of times in IRC, but I'll repeat it here for everyone to see:

TGM3:Ti uses a total of 3 systems:

Texmaster's Special Ti mode attempts to replicate these systems. It's uncertain how accurately it does this.

On the other hand, Heboris Master #G4 is completely different: there are 3 grade-ups available in each of the 10 sections (if the player manages to get all 30, it's possible to achieve a grade of MV, even before the staff roll):

Please note that Heboris' implementation of COOL!! and REGRET! conditions is only an approximation. At the time of development, little information was available, so the conditions were largely guessed. The staff roll bonus in Heboris is also an approximation, being based purely on tetris count.

7. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Sorry edo for having simplified your explanation such I did.. [​IMG]

Do you think that the accuracy is still enough good to certify a ranking evaluation in the worst case at a rank X + or - 1 ?

I think so in my opinion..

I would like jago, c_t and few japan players here compare a m8 on Heboris and a m8 on TI..

A qualitative analyse is possible, because now I can guess my rank before it appears on the screen, with an accuracy at + or - 1 grade.. [​IMG]

By the way, do you know the exact number required for each section ?

8. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

It's okay Amnesia, I forgive you! [​IMG]

Apart from extreme cases, I think comparing grades from Heboris #G4 and TGM3:Ti is reasonably okay... the difference is perhaps a little bit more than + or - 1, but it's okay to give us a rough idea.

I think it's 3 for the first section, 6 for the second, and 4 for the third to tenth sections.

9. Allowing 3 different games to act as one is wrong. Even if they look the same, or maybe feel the same, everything is relative to its own system.

For example, I have completed Texmaster's Special mode two times, and been close to complete it many times. What does that make me? Am I an orange line class player in TAP now?

It is only one thing that I can do, and that is to play 3 different clones and compare them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Q1uMSB0h8

First, Texmaster is really smooth. I can make mistakes and live on. It's perfect for me.

UGM is using simular input to ZiNc when playing TGM1. It fails rotation at high speed more often. Gets very annoying.

And finally, TAP is just difficult! No matter how many times I play it will always be difficult because it is the original. Too much pressure! Rotation fails sometime, and sometimes the randomizer refuses to give me the I piece when I want it. It's built that way. And I have to go with it because it is how it is supposed to be.

Heboris is pretty much for professional tetris players. Players that think level 900 will always be performed under 45 seconds. I am not one of them and I don't play Heboris.

I hope that this post will bring up more questions other than the grade system differences between TAP clones. How about different randomizers? Different input systems? Different ways of comparing tetris players' performance?

10. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I am a bit desesperated, I don't know how to answer LOst..

I know that if it is you who say that, I can't ignore it..

Don't forget I add a collumn with Heb/TI/Tex, in order to not totally mix the different records.. [​IMG]

11. Muf

Muf

Well I personally think a leaderboard like this can exist, simply to relativate things slightly, so that the leader of one game isn't the leader of all games. Ti for instance, is only available to four people in the TC community, colour_thief, DeHackEd, jago and Needle. This would mean that if jago took the lead, he would be considered the best, even if for instance DIGITAL could totally own him in Texmaster, which is the only game he has access to. I think that with a good disclaimer mentioning that these are in fact three different, though very similar games, it can exist for comparison purposes. In the same way as Heboris groups all the Sega-type rotation systems into one leaderboard, and all the Guideline-type rotation systems into one leaderboard, ignoring minute differences between them. We have the intelligence not to assume that passing Lv500 is not exactly the same in Texmaster as it is in Ti. Use your brain and make your own conclusions. My vote is for keeping these leaderboards.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Code:
    Agree  + Disagree
    ++++++++++++++++++++
        +
    |||   + ||
        +
        +
        +
    [​IMG][​IMG]

13. Well that is good [​IMG]

14. For Level/Time, I see no problem with these.

For grade though, I think that they are meaningless comparisons unless they are the same game.

That said, I agree the leaderboard should remain.

15. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

After having practiced texmaster special ti and Heboris master G4, I am now sure that my initiative to gather the 2 games in one leaderboard was stupid..

Texmaster is simply harder..I think I am the best one here who can comfirm this idea..regarding my presence on the 2 leaderboards..

There is I think something like 2 grades of difference..The same for sudden and DOOM, I can without too much stress reach 500 on DOMM, but I suffer to do it on sudden ti..

So if an administrator could erase my two leaderboards

"Global something" that could avoid the mess! [​IMG]

16. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

That's strange. From playing Sudden Ti and DOOM, I feel that 500 on Sudden Ti is easier to reach.

17. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

AH... [​IMG]
    If opinions are multiple, we can keep this thread in the benefice of the doubt..

18. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

*Ahem* My S9 in Tex?

19. Give him a bit to update the thread before pointing out it hasn't been updated.

20. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Okay.