Records: [TGM1]

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 22 May 2007.

1. well I would say the framerate matters quite a bit!

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

The framerate is the number of frame displayed per second, as long as the effective speed of the game is correct, the score is acceptable !

GyRo and Jayce like this.
  3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

***LEADERBOARD UPDATED***

I inform that I have applied the following rule for the last modified sub-GM : Time of death is indicated, and it can influence only in case of equal grad + equal level between 2 players. If no one react on this I will continue to apply this.
    We had already hundred of debate on this but I don't remember what was decided...

WakiMiko, gontrollez and Jayce like this.
  4. Managed to get a barely sub-13 time earlier this week. I feel like I can get low 12's if I push it a bit further.

GrandmasterSub13.png

5. CPN

CPN

[​IMG]

YES! Finally!

Thanks SGDQ/AGDQ people and everyone who clicked Like. Now the real battle begins....

6. Hell yeaaaaaah sub 12 (keyboard unfortunately) :D !
    Had a fantastic 1st section (5:45), S9 on 799, but the endgame was plain awful.

[​IMG]

7. Just got a new personal best! Still in pursuit of a sub-12 (nice work, Redlof!), but this is the first GM (I think it's my 5th or 6th?) where I felt I had a pretty even game. Mistakes throughout, sure, but solid recoveries.

Edit: Also, I realize this is super nitpicky, but since it's still itching at me, I'll note that "Gyro" looks super weird to me without the capitalized "GyRo." Not an urgent thing, by any means, but as a matter of errata.

tgm1231.jpg

Last edited: 28 Nov 2015
    clincher, Redlof_b, CPN and 2 others like this.
  8. I did it. I finally did it. with 17ms to spare:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Malth, Qlex, clincher and 8 others like this.
  9. Photo finish! Congrats!

10. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Congratz !! If I had made this contest for the "weakest Gm rank", you would dominate everybody !

11. CPN

CPN

Just for this post, I'm going to do my best to annoy you and post a slight improvement on my time:

[​IMG]

Qlex likes this.
  12. FeV

FeV

[​IMG]
    During 600-750 it was tetris after tetris.. unfortunately I lost my nerve after and abruptly died, haha.. though seeing as my pb was S5 yesterday I probably shouldn't complain :D

13. Results of my trip to Japan, finally got sub-12:00, by quite a bit too! It took me quite a while to get used to playing on the arcade machines there as the joysticks feel a lot different to what I have at home.

[​IMG]

Also compared to my home setup there felt like there was less lag. I think I'll have to buy myself a CRT for my home setup; I'm currently using an old LCD. I just measured using a 240 FPS recording, and I'm seeing a 0.083±0.016ms (20±4 frames @ 240 FPS, so 5±1 frames at 60 FPS) lag from pressing the A button to seeing the piece rotate on screen. How does this compare to other people out there with a PCB?

Last edited: 28 Dec 2015
    CPN, Qlex and MaryHadALittle like this.
  14. Nice run! And you should definitely get a CRT. I got a nice 21" CRT for free off Craigslist. It's the last stage of an era for these monitors, but at least you can get high quality equipment for cheap. Even with MAME, you'll probably reduce your lag to 1-2 frames max. The CRT is virtually instant.

Qlex likes this.
  15. Another little improvement... the road is long, at least for me

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CPN and Qlex like this.
  16. Jii, zzymyn, clincher and 8 others like this.
  17. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

hhawoomm... :confused:

18. Got a new time, shaving 20 secs off my previous one: newGrandmaster.png

MaryHadALittle, Qlex and CPN like this.
  19. Edo's record is 9:43:25, 0:0:66 faster than Kevin's new record ^^
    Btw, anyone got news from Edo ?