Records: [TGM1]

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 22 May 2007.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

NEW RECORD OF BOU : S5 - 719 @ 09:06:75

Sorry! you keep thye same place.. [​IMG]

And I stupidly failed a Gm ~10:45.. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Bou finally reaches S6 lv. 750.. [​IMG]
    He is now as strong I was when I discovered the TGM serie..

[​IMG] He is my best padawan..

3. Hi. I am still try to get GM on tgm. For the past few months ive been concentrating on 20G mode. Ive made a small vid from level 500-999 using texmaster. Any suggestions with ways i could improve my 20g game or where im going wrong will be greatly appreciated. Ive watched it back a few times and i realise i missed some pretty obvious better placements i could have made. But generally, how am i doing?

*I made a few dodgy inputs within the first minute and misplaced a few pieces, mostly due to playing texmaster in a window while recording with hypercam at the same time which lagged the controls somewhat, and im used to playing on a stick. Any excuess.... thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA51yZIp23E

4. Mosquito, Death is probably better training for 20G than the actual 20G mode on TGM, because it's faster.

The kouza site should be good enough to learn the extra things that help 20G play. Sure, it's in Japanese, but you can get enough from the pictures.

Really though, I think it's just experience and practice and eventually you'll get the Gm run. I was stuck around the S5~S7 mark for absolutely ages.

5. What am I doing wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzE_7ZytsU0

I haven't reached Gm in over a year now. My current best in 20g mode: S3, and in 20g mode mono: S9 during the same day (hour).

Feel free to analyze and complain? I love TGM1, and still hate it so much when I lose [​IMG]

6. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

The thing that jumps out at me is that you're double/triple tapping too much.

7. LOst, why are you playing with the colours off. Surely that itself is a handicap?

8. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Is that an artifact of emulation? I know a lot of N64 emulators don't show block colors in The New Tetris.

9. Well I know for a fact that Mame and ZiNc are capable of displaying colours.

10. Poochy

Poochy Unregistered

It's probably just the Mono Mode code (RRRUCBA at the title screen).

11. First, you are very strong in general, relative to your goal. Just watching that I thought you should be able to get Gm. You have a pretty good feel of what is and isn't possible. There's a few advanced placements you didn't see... But looking at your game I can tell that one or 2 techniques isn't what is preventing your Gm.

You need practice digging through garbage. You're pretty good at stacking cleanly, and minimizing the damage when holes must be made. But mistakes tend to last way longer than they should. Around level 600 you made a hole in column 3, a fairly easy column to open up holes in, and it stayed with you the whole game. Beyond that one particular hole, in general too many of your placement choices were ignorant of the holes. I could give specific examples from your video if you need them. But in general, you want to avoid stacking on top of the hole when it is near the surface, assuming your screen is stable of course.

12. Lost your problem is dead simple. Just lock more aggressively. You clearly show that you know all you need to survive, and cleanly at that. You're just playing your moves at a leisurely pace. Push yourself a hair faster and you'll get it no problem... Even if you make a few more mistakes I'm sure you can deal with them. Remember, most of the time attack comes from reducing the active time of the pieces, not from reducing the number of line clear animations.

13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

First sub-11 for me with 10:59:96..

[​IMG] RRRhhhaa !!!!!!

There is "something" which prevents me to beat you guys..

14. That shitty Mame++ (with Peops plugin) (but I feel that's a tad faster/fluider than Zinc) wasn't able to snapshot that instant, but still:

I HAVE FINALLY BEATEN THAT BLOODY GAME !

S9

15:57:80

Now, I need to be

[​IMG]

15. Concentrate on the faster especially. [​IMG]

16. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

How many time you do currently at 100 and 500 ?

I think a good target is : 1:35 and 7:00

I am testing, like jago with the Death m rank if there is a limit time before 500 to avoid every manual lock after 500..But I predicte that will give a monstrous time-attack for 0-500.. [​IMG] Maybe it is impossible.. [​IMG]

17. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Colour_thief !!!!

I DID IT AS WELL!!!!!!!!!

18. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

Kinda slow... But small improvement...

[​IMG]

19. if you can do it one handed, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to do it on a keyboard [​IMG]

20. W00t !

I'm at 1:29 and around 7:00 (with a terrible playfield).