TGM1 : Gm rank with the "20G" code

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 29 Dec 2006.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Hello everybody and happy new year! [​IMG]

Sorry for having created a topic just for that, but I am in a giant nightmare with tgm1, a lot of people here and out are able to reach the Gm rank with the "20G" code which is knew by everybody now..

I have only ONE little request to submit to everybody :

I wish just one guy send me an inp, or a little video where we can see the grad 1 reached before lv. 200...NOT GM ENTIRELY! [​IMG] he he..

JUST the first 200 levels with grad 1..

I am not denouncing peoples of liers..I just want a video for myself because I don't understand, how can you do!

2. 20G GM is easier than regular GM once you can play 20G well. Are you sure it is difficult? I have no idea why you aren't capable of it. Go for Tetrises!

I'm not trying to sound condescending... I genuinely think you're good enough to handle this task without much effort.

3. What's the big deal about grad 1 before lvl 200? I'd swear lvl 300 was the boundary for TGM.

4. Why don't you try by doing combos ?

Building up a giant pyramid with a big hole on the right and when it's at the top of the screen BAM triple, double, triple, single, tetris, double until it goes at the bottom of the screen.

Your grade will change a couple of times before you are at the bottom, trust me [​IMG] (I even managed to put TWO tetris' in the same combo once. but I was, of course, lucky enough getting the right tetrominos at the right time)

I train and play only this way now. That's why my games end so fastly [​IMG]

5. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Will fourteen tetrises in the first two sections give an automatic 1 or better? Or is the combo method necessary?

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Try and you will see..

Sorry colour_thief, but after 50 tests, I've never passed ~11000 when I reach 200, and as you know the limit is 12000...

After it's really easy, I'm agree with you on this point..

BUT the calculation of point is different at the begining of a "20G party", the first point obtained are ridiculous!!

[​IMG] but if it's easy like you say my friend, you can make for me a little demo on an inp!

7. K

K

i think too, but not sure qnymore... ct ?

8. According to the wiki, it's 300, but most of the videos of TGM1 that I've seen has them reaching by 200...

9. I don't understand the point of this topic.

When you play 20G, you score less points than standard mode ?

Coz reaching grade 1 before 200 is easy in standard mode. You just need to play tetris only and do a couple of big combos in the 100~200 section.

I personnally try to reach S1 (my record for S1 is 210)

10. The point is that he's looking for 20G practice and advice. If he can get to the point where he's pulling 20G tetrises with some consistency, then he won't have many other problems with the second half of the game.

11. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I'm sure it's 200, if no I would have been Gm for long time !!

Yes my dear cyberguile, I have performed some tests :

Without the code, the first TETRIS give you ~650 pts

If you play with the code, the first TETRIS give you ~220 pts..

After, around lv.300-350, the counting of point come back normal, and it's easy to reach S4 at lv.500, and S9 at lv.999.

12. Your problem might be the drop, no ?

I mean on standard mode you must drop or you fall asleep, at 20G you don't care but eh ! It changes everything for the scoring !

13. mfm005

mfm005 Unregistered

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Oh thank a lot mfm!

ba..now, I've not problem any more!

Maybe the last time I've finished the game I was S3 at lv 500..It's the only reason..And since I reboot the game everytime I pass the level 200..

But nothing prevent everybody to try this challenge, I know it's possible with a maxi combo at 160-170..

[​IMG] But I'm happy I'll finally watch your technique mfm, you are a mystery for me, I've really never understand how does a player who can't support the 300 speed, can reach the grad S9.. [​IMG]

15. If it's 200, not 300, then why does every reference I've seen, including our wiki and the proper one, have it down as 300?

Edit: just seen the other thread... so I WAS right.

Also, is exploiting the combo system actually a good way to get huge amounts of points?

16. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Yeah I try to make a maximum number of combo in order to be in advance with the limits needed (grad 1 at 300, grad S4 at 500 and grad S9 at 999...),for not being stressed..

But if you see the actual best video made by Japan players (Gm at ~9:10), you can notice they don't use combos and they reach S9 before lv 800..

17. Only if you set the combo up correctly.

The way that the scoring works, singles don't increase the combo value. All they will do is let you preserve the combo value between one double (or higher) and another.

That said, if you do double-single-single, the double will be worth its normal amount, and the singles will each be worth 3 times as mich.

Of course, if you get lucky enough to be given 2 I pieces in a row, and can make a tetris with both of them, then the second one is worth almost twice as much.

So I think it's just something that can't really be planned for much, and isn't as effective as making sure that you get 4 lines with every I, but if it happens, then you don't say no...

18. Players trying for a time attack actually avoid combos below 20G in TGM1. It slows you down because the screen becomes lower than it should so pieces take longer to fall.

19. In TGM1 I would recommend against combos for the reason colour thief gave. They're not remotely necessary to meet the score requirements at 300, 500 or even 999. In fact, of the dozen or so times I've cleared TGM 1, I've only ever finished with S8 once (the very first time).

If you're really pushing yourself to reach Gm, forget the grades altogether and just try to survive to 999. Once you can do that, even if it's only 1 attempt in every 10, you will find yourself getting faster and faster and the score requirements will come naturally.

20. mfm005

mfm005 Unregistered