TGM/TGM2 Sprite Rips

Thread in 'Discussion' started by MisdropPi, 19 Mar 2019.

1. Does anyone know how to rip sprites from TGM and/or TGM2? Lookming to get my hands on the fonts, etc.

2. Muf

Muf

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:whistle:

Tomek likes this.
  3. Wow, thanks! Do you also happen to have TGM1 sprites and TGM1 and TGM2 backgrounds?

Some pixels are off by the way
    s3 on high scores looks a bit off

Last edited: 20 Mar 2019
  4. Muf

Muf

This is just how they were ripped, I'm sure you can touch up a few stray pixels here and there manually.

5. If you can wait a while, I can make a tool that dumps the graphics from the TGM2 ROMs. I'm not going to distribute the images.

6. sounds good.

7. By the way, is there any chance that there are the level backgrounds too? (ie the cubes at 0, the balls at 100, etc)

8. Not sure if these are directly ripped, but these are from TAP: https://imgur.com/a/OQ8b1
    (You'll have to highlight the link and copy-paste it because the forum automatically formats it if I don't use plain text, and the formatting is very broken.)

9. Is there a album for tgm1 backgrounds? making a nullpo tgm theme

10. Here's some instructions on how you can get the TGM1 graphics yourself:
    1. Get TIM Viewer.
    2. Extract the tgmj.zip MAME ROM set, and verify you have the "ate-06m.4h" file (you'll be extracting the graphics from that ROM).
    3. In TIM Viewer, go to File->Scan RAW File, then select the "ate-06m.4h" ROM file.
    4. Use TIM Viewer to extract the graphics you want.
    5. Use a conversion program to convert the TIM images to another format. XnView is a free option.
    I tried some other TIM extraction software, and only TIM Viewer seems to be able to get TGM1's backgrounds.

11. you just bluescreened my pc good job

FreakyByte and Muf like this.