Records: [TGM][TAP] Secret Grade

Thread in 'Competition' started by Kitaru, 2 Oct 2007.

1. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

How do you get the image so pixel-perfect? It sure doesn't look like it was captured from a SuperGun [​IMG]

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I did it on MAME !

1 day before going to Waterloo

3. Time for a massive bump...
    [​IMG]
    ...because SHIT JUST GOT REAL! [​IMG]

4. Wow, good job!

5. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

6. Hahaha edo, that's totally wild. Great job! :D

7. I got S6 on TGM1 last night, level 3xx @ 4:xx:xx

8. [​IMG]

9. Gave this a shot and struggled for a while:

[​IMG]

Then got this:

[​IMG]

Code:
    an ass --------- S5 - 269 @ 04:12:18

10. [​IMG]
    (01/13/2009)

11. bump~

[​IMG]

12. Improved by 4 lines (And a very good level/time!)

[​IMG]
    Low quality and skippy video (Does anybody have a good recording method?)

Code:
    Budster -------- S5 - 117 @ 02:22:76

Last edited: 16 Aug 2009
  13. Code:
    Budster -------- S7 - 214 @ 03:31:11
    I'd post a screenshot, but I'm on DIAL-UP right now.

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Very impressive ! I really don't imagine that someone can build it faster than this. You even made the last hole which changes direction.

15. @Shuey: For this leaderboard, we're using TGM1 and TGM2+. Both of these games can be played with MAME. If you're having trouble getting TGM1 to run full speed, you can try running that one in ZiNc. TGM1 requires the "tgmj" romset and "cpzn2" BIOS. TGM2+ requires the "tgm2" and "tgm2p" romsets.

@Amnesia: I did one the other day in 52 seconds, but I still haven't quite figured out how I'm going to get the hole going back the other way like Shuey has. The pieces may spawn one row higher in Tetris Friends, but things are still pretty tight at the top, haha.

16. Amnesia: Thanks for the props :)

Kitaru: Thanks for the info, I'll see what I can find so I can get going on this with the real thing :)

17. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Ofcourse ofcourse..You are still the western boss of the secret grade kitaru for me, I hope you don't imagine that I am silly enough to compare directely a secret grade performance on TAP, and on a SRS game with hold and 5 previews ??

But we have to admit it, Shuey is a very strong secret grade player, way better than me already.

18. Thanks again Amnesia. I think my "no holds" one definitely shows my potential and strength. As soon as I have some more time, I'll try to get a good emu and rom set so I can start working on TGM. Maybe Kitaru can help me find the stuff to get started :).

19. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Later I can send you everything in a proper pack.