Records: [TGM][TAP] Secret Grade

Thread in 'Competition' started by Kitaru, 2 Oct 2007.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

RRhhhaa..... [​IMG]

HOW DO YOU DO BASTARD !!????? [​IMG]

2. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Does TGM evaluate the stack for a Secret Grade continuously, or just at Game Over?

3. K

K

only displayed at gameover

4. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

I know when it's displayed, but it could be evaluated sooner and stored for later display. Specifically, if I make enough of the pattern to earn secret grade S5, and then I drill through it, does the S5 grade stick, or is my grade reduced by how much I drilled down?

5. It really is at game over. You'd lose grades in the situation you describe.

6. When you hit the right wall, do you instantly start going back, or do you have a space of two?

7. You go back right away, so that the pattern is 19 rows of holes.

8. Poochy

Poochy Unregistered

9. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

AAARRrgggHHHHH !!!! [​IMG]

Why am I unable to get this fucking secret S8 ?? And under lv.100 ????!!!!!

I am a real Master now ! [​IMG] I must be able to do it as well !!!

10. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I have seen the video..

It is crazy..You practiced hard on secret mode.. [​IMG]

11. Poochy

Poochy Unregistered

Hmm... could we maybe have another ranking for Secret Grades in T.A. Death mode?

Don't ask me what I was thinking when I came up with the idea, but I managed a secret grade 5 in T.A. Death...

[​IMG]

12. Most of the time I get grade 5. I think colour_thief has hit S1. I can put up a leaderboard if there is any interest. The question here, however, is how it should be restricted. Death only? 20G code? At the moment, the ranking is for TGM1 and TAP Master Secret. In the new ranking, are we excluding TGM1 and making it Death-only? Are we making it open to any 20G mode? Should there be separate 20G and Death?

13. Yep, S1 is my death record though I did not try very much.

I'd support 20G/Death or whatever. On the one hand it makes sense to contrast the second table with the first by making it as hardcore as possible (Death only), but on the other hand since time is important 20G mode players will be at a distinct disadvantage. I don't really care either way.

14. Well, I've been able to manage 20G S1 on my GBA clone. I might be able to pull it of in 20G mode, but probably not Death. For now, it'll be mixed.

It is getting rather late -- to the point where I can now can it early -- so I'll organize the 20G/Death Secret chart tomorrow. (EDIT: Today, rather.)

EDIT2: I added the chart and added as much information as I had.

15. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

16. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

RRRHHA AAAHH !!!! [​IMG][​IMG]
    very very bad day with only sheet rank and not even a secret S8 !!

What's the hell with this damn S8 !!? I can't do it even with the hold ! [​IMG]

17. Should I add a Heboris/Ti board? I'm reluctant to add records of games with hold or multiple preview to the midst of those without these amenities.

18. Poochy

Poochy Unregistered

I've somehow managed an S5 in Death mode:

[​IMG]

YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql-Zmqiu1xg

Also, my entry on the regular leaderboard is wrong, it should be level 84 @ 1:17.56. The currently displayed level and time are from my old S7 run, I think.

19. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

This S8 will never fall for me..

Anyway, it was fun, on a first attempt..

I decided to follow the advice of kitaru just for this time, in playing a fun mode..By the way I update my best, it is at least the first time I can build a secret S7 without waiting lv 200.. [​IMG]

20. I just got a Secret Grade S4 in Death.