TGM ACE Impressions

Thread in 'Discussion' started by colour_thief, 6 Aug 2009.

1. :awe::awe::awe::awe::awe::awe::awe:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I genuinely thought the game forced use of the analog stick. I'm so happy because in analog stick mode I swear there's a bit of lag on my FSTE as the digital stick simulates analogness. It was taking the fun out of the game for me... I can't wait to try it again now.

Your instructions were slightly off (pretty damn good for writing from memory though). I'll rewrite them to make it really clear:

-choose the bottom option
    -choose the top option
    -choose either player 1 or player 2
    -choose the top option

This gives you 3 choices, which are:

1 - Left Analog Stick Only
    2 - D-pad Only
    3 - Both

2. This is definitely some good news to wake up to!

3. This thread had kind of died because I had grown really frustrated with ACE and the controls not being responsive. Ever since I switched the option to d-pad to I've had no issues at all. In fact, my previous best Another performance was a little over 3:30, which took quite a bit of effort. First game with the new controls was under 3:00, almost a 40 second improvement. That's one try compared to like hundred! It's really a night a day difference. I can't believe I beat everything with laggy and dropped input...

I'll bump this thread again, after some more play, with my final impressions.

4. It could be worse, CT; you could be playing a completely guideline game. ;)

5. Would it be at all possible to get verified timings and gravity tables for the modes in ACE? I'd like to know how accurate Hebomini and NullpoUE Time Attack are.

6. Zircean I'm not opposed to the idea, but that's a huge time commitment.

Well, before I had the controls worked out I was going to say I preferred Tetris Splash. Now I quite enjoy each game for their respective strengths.

7. Muf

Muf

How about just making some 60fps videos and having Edo work out the precise timings? He seems to enjoy it a lot more than you do.

8. 60 fps videos of every mode in ACE is still asking a lot... There are tons of modes. Also I have to force myself to play slowly if I want to show you guys what the lock delay is. Why don't you make a specific request and we can work from there?

9. Sall good, no rush. :awe:

If anything, Normal would probably be the best one to do first, because it would give us timings for Normal, High Speed 2, and probably High Speed 1 as well (isn't HS1 just Normal started up a couple levels on the speed curve more or less?). That'd get rid of three birds with one stone.