Records: [TGM] (20G Code)

Thread in 'Competition' started by herc, 3 Jan 2008.

1. COL

COL

It seems you can improve your standard tgm time too!
    Good job!
    (Pffff once again it will take weeks or even months to beat that)

2. Ai

Ai

Thanks! I'll try to improve my TGM time one of the coming weeks. Also it wasn't easy for me either. Took me months of playing and a lot of effort. This was helpful stacking practice. Will be focusing on Death again soon and I hope to finally get some results over the summer.

3. C'mon. You're a Death Gm. Unless you mean you fall asleep at the helm of TGM1 (in which case I wouldn't quite blame you). Due to our methods of play for TGM1, I tend to make lots of off-by-one DAS misdrops and ragequit. Which is why my improvement in that game is so so slow.

Edit: Played a game for kicks. Yay.
    [​IMG]
    Gm, 999 @ 10:31:56.
    Very laggy~

Last edited: 25 Jun 2010
  4. GM. 10:20:03.
    202720 pts.

5. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

GM in 10:04.10

Screen shot, but a crappy network layout makes uploading it difficult right now. Maybe when I fix it over the weekend.

6. Ai

Ai

[​IMG]

I'll try and improve my GM time in the main mode soon. ^^

7. COL

COL

you're still improving!

8. Ai

Ai

Thanks. I played a session to check my 20G play before attempting to improve my other GM time later this week. It won't be easy because earlier today I was struggling badly in the sub 20G sections.

I'll see if I can record a sub 11 minute game next time. I believe a sub 10:30 time is possible if I play more often, but this isn't really a priority at the moment. Score's still far from great as you can see. ^^;

9. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

10:11...
    Yeah !!....2 sec..:|

10. Ai

Ai

Hmmm. I really expected you'd be sub 10 minutes by now. That's probably the little amelioration you need to also get under 10 minutes in the main mode.

11. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

That was my 3rd or 4th attempts, after 2 years dude.
    Let me a moment to relearn the timing..

12. GM, 10:17:81.
    Hit print screen, but copy-pasted some URL and the screenshot failed to paste. :(

212k points

13. Ai

Ai

[​IMG]

^^

14. Ai

Ai

Ai TGM 20G GM 10:35:88 ^^

Not a new record, but could have been if I didn't mess up in the second half. 0-500 in 05:10:xx. Keyboard play unfortunately. I injured my left middle finger 3 weeks ago and it'll probably take a few more weeks before I can play with joystick again.

15. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Earlier today I happened across this video of 777 completing the 1st section in 49s; just thought I'd link it here for those that weren't on IRC just now.

16. Muf

Muf

:sowsuser:

17. Ai

Ai

I saw the video earlier this week. Really crazy. I thought his best 20G section time was somewhere around 48 seconds. Maybe it's possible to get a time under 45 seconds if he stacks really high before commencing one of the later 20G sections. Well under 08:30 in 20G mode should be possible too seeing this. Of course it's easier said than done. ^^

18. Geeez. My best is ~56.9 seconds, usually in the first section (taken from Texmaster, starting from Lv. 500). What's the theoretical TAS speed?

19. Ai

Ai

In Texmaster Normal 20G my best time starting from the 500-600 section is 57.81 and my fastest 20G section ever is 56.03 (600-700). I haven't been able to play at that speed recently. Both the above times are from 6 months ago.

EDIT:

I watched the video again and 777 clears 7 consecutive tetrises. A perfect section! ^^

Last edited: 13 Sep 2010
  20. red i can work out the theoretical tas speed just give me a few minutes

edit:
    every piece advances the level by 1 + 2/5
    every piece takes 30 frames of ARE
    every tenth piece takes an extra 41 frames
    so each piece averages to 34.1 frames of waiting

assume each piece takes an average of 5 frames to place
    so 1 piece = 39.1 frames

one section = 100 levels = 71.43 pieces = 2792.86 frames = 00:46:55
    one game = 999 levels = 713.57 pieces = 27900.64 frames = 7:45:11

Last edited: 13 Sep 2010