Records: [TGM] (20G Code)

Thread in 'Competition' started by herc, 3 Jan 2008.

1. Ai

Ai

Re: [TGM1] (20G Code)

Sorry I didn't realize a newer Texmaster version was available.

I'll be checking out the replays tomorrow. Again thank you for your advice and time! ^^

2. Re: [TGM1] (20G Code)

Yep. Pretty soon you'll be a Grand Master. Took me about 7 months to get my first Gm, and I've improved tremendously since then.
    New record (20G):
    [​IMG]
    0.07 seconds faster than my non-20G time... something's wrong.

3. Re: [TGM1] (20G Code)

And today I survived Texmaster Normal 500-885. [​IMG] That'd be 385 in TGM1 20G mode. But I didn't play it in TGM1, so it doesn't count as an entry here. ;P But still, that's the highest level I've come to so far. Pretty happy about it. ^^

...but I have played almost no 20G in TGM1 speed, mostly TAP Death speed... but I'm gonna start playing with the TGM1 20G speed more now! The slowness... To learn how to handle 20G better. [​IMG]

4. Re: [TGM1] (20G Code)

I have not broken 200000 points yet.
    [​IMG]

5. Ai

Ai

I manual locked inconsistently for the first 200 levels before playing more safely.

Still no breakthrough unfortunately, but I feel things are getting a little better. I have been manual locking and using all three buttons for a while now. Because of my manual locking training I got better at stacking when not manual locking, but I'm still far from good at it.

My best result while manual locking consistently in Texmaster is 500-919 in 05:40:76 but I only got S4. The main problem for now is that I need a lot of tries to get this far when manual locking so it's too early to try this while playing TGM.

I'm going to take it very easy for a while to sort out some other things. The only thing I may keep playing is lj (I've been able to get 0:50.xx a few times and even breaking my record, but I will only post when I go sub 50 seconds). Hopefully this much needed Tetris break will give me what it takes to push myself even more. I will probably take a 2 week break before returning to it.

Also a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! ^^

6. Re: [TGM1] (20G Code)

Gm, 11:21:19.
    Forgot to get a screenshot since it said game over and went to the title screen. grr.

7. Ai

Ai

I finally managed to complete the game when starting from level 500 in Texmaster Normal mode. It was a very crappy game... Only S6 and the time was 07:09:01. I need to do it at least 30 seconds faster now in order to meet the GM 13:30 requirement in TGM. Stacking has improved a little since I started trying manual locking, but I still can't get a lot of tetrises.

My most recent Texmaster save file with my recent 20G practice can be found here. You can also watch my 20G S7 game. There is one game included where I tried to manual lock consistently all the way (500-854 in 04:39:35).

Still not ready for GM in TGM, but I can aim for S8 or S9 now if try seriously and long enough.

8. Re: [TGM1] (20G Code)

Good job! 500 levels of 20G is nothing to scoff at.

I made another small improvement:
    Gm, 11:20:01.

9. Ai

Ai

Texmaster2009.sav

Picked up 20G practice again after a 10 days break. I'm finally starting to manual lock better. This may sound silly, but I think I should thank Tetris with Cardcaptor Sakura: Eternal Heart for forcing me to manual lock (sonic drop) to get fast times. Managed to improve almost a minute from my last best time.

I have a little more control over the pieces now, but I still need to improve considerably to be consistent. Stacking for tetrises is only possible in the beginning at the moment and using the 3 buttons is still a pain. Actually I have been neglected using all buttons lately.

10. Re: [TGM1] (20G Code)

Another Gm I missed the screenshot on, 11:19:53. Not much of an improvement, but it was quite a mistake-free 999 levels of 20G.

11. Re: [TGM1] (20G Code)

Sub-11 now...
    [​IMG]

Gm, 999 @ 10:59:76.

12. Ai

Ai

Congrats rednefed!

This is from last month:

Remembered about it when updating my signature. I should start playing TGM more instead of Texmaster.

500-999 practice. Improving little by little. Wanted to try playing seriously again this weekend, but I had a lot of difficulties with the 300-500 section again.

13. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

[​IMG]

Edit:
    [​IMG]

Hell yeah.

14. Re: [TGM1] (20G Code)

I don't think I'll catch up to you.
    [​IMG]
    Gm, 999 @ 10:54:70

15. Ai

Ai

Code:
    Ai----------------- 686 @ 08:52:50 S5

16. Ai

Ai

Code:
    Ai----------------- 899 @ 10:48:01 S6
    FAIL yet again.

The best 20G run I ever had so far. It seemed like I could go on forever. But then suddenly I lose control and everything falls apart really fast. And the speed was very good. I could have gone sub 12 minutes with S7/S8 if I managed to reach the end. It's not like I panicked or anything and I wasn't aware of my grade, but it's a mental blow to see I was so close to S7.

You May Learn from Victory, You Will Learn from Failure

I really hope so... ^^

17. K

K

long time i didn't played here but :

new record -> 9:52:43

18. K

K

new record : 9:48:95 [​IMG]

19. Ai

Ai

Took a little break from 20G practice since my last post in this thread, but I'm back now.

Code:
    Ai----------------- 999 @ 12:08:86 S8
    I got this within 30 minutes after resuming practice. Not a bad time at all. I could probably get S9 if I slowed down a little. GM remains very tricky though.

Oh yeah and while you're at it take a break! ^^

@jago: Impressive times! You're like 13 seconds faster on average per section than me. Your average time per section is 59 seconds which is cool.

20. COL

COL

Gm @ 12:45:71

[​IMG]

This mode is great for stack practice [​IMG] .