Texmaster

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Report, 29 Jan 2008.

1. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

pov-hat does not work with linux (atleast ubuntu which seems to map the pov-hat to axis 5 and 6)

(maybe you could add two lines in the ini to allow switching of axis for support for weird gamepads and (atleast my) linux)

2. eks

eks Unregistered

Have to say the sounds are terrible but other then that great work.

3. [​IMG] the sounds are great

4. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

I like the sounds...

5. I love the HOOWAAA sound, i'm not sure how to get it. i think it has something to do with back to back.

6. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

i'm fairly certain that is for back to back line clears.

7. There are 2 of them.

One is for Tetris -> combos, and there is another for Tetris -> Tetris (and it is looooooong)

8. Ditto on the sounds, I like 'em too. Note that I'm still running the 2008 version of the game (dunno if there are any different sound effects and/or music in the 2009 version), but I think that the choice and mix of sound effects and music is perfect [​IMG]

9. eks

eks Unregistered

after playing abit i have to say most of the sounds are ok but some of them sounds like counter strike and those suck [​IMG]

10. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

the backgrounds are from counter strike so the sounds doesn't surprise me a bit [​IMG]

11. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

As you might have guessed from another post of mine, I'm really loving Texmaster. I checked the timings of 6 of the 8 modes currently available (Novice appears to be broken still, and I didn't look at Doubles), and compared them with the timings of the equivalent modes from "that series of Tetris arcade games that we all know and love". Note that I couldn't check things such as m-roll and torikan conditions, grading, etc. and only looked at the timings. Values that I observed in Texmaster are in black and on the left, values in red are observed from the arcade games. The values I've listed are how I believe they are stored internally, i.e. DAS doesn't include the shift or auto-shift frames, and ARE doesn't include the frame the level counter increments, or the subsequent frame.

Special Ti:

[​IMG]

Sudden Ti:

[​IMG]

Advance:

[​IMG]

Special is 100% accurate.

Sudden is 100% accurate.

Normal is.... 99.9% accurate. Let me explain: the only difference is entirely cosmetic.

In the original arcade game, when lines are cleared, there's 1 idle frame after the lock-flash, but before the line clear animation starts. The line clear animation then lasts 41 frames (41 frames of the stack floating). Texmaster does not include the idle frame, but has 42 frames of floating to compensate. As far as I can tell, this does not change the game mechanically at all.

When testing, I was as careful as could be, but I cannot guarantee that I did not make any errors.

12. [​IMG] EDO -- great work. thank you.

13. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

I'm just a lowly beta tester; it's Report who deserves all our thanks for making such a great game. Texmaster is definitely the sexiest thing I'm going to experience... until I taste Fanta Grape.

14. Nice job edo thats some really good work. if you really want Fanta Grape you can just order some from here https://www.bokkefoods.com/

15. For those do not wish to wait for keys.html, use L2Stack to find the key codes for the keys you want to assign. [​IMG]

16. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

umm key codes for what keys? A keys.html was in the patch

17. I do not seem to have it. Oh well, I've found a nice alternative. :p

18. Report

Report Texmaster developer

great!!!

please wait for beta2.

I bought "Fanta Grape".

19. Report

Report Texmaster developer

I love HOSIKEN's original HEBORIS. Its very good game. [​IMG]

-----

done.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/it2c95

Please make mirrors.

-----

Its tasty!!! [​IMG]

-----

NOVICE mode

maybe fixed.

SPECIAL Ti mode

Level *99 chime.

SUDDEN Ti mode

From level 500 to 1000, a line of garbage identical to the bottom row will spawn at regular intervals.

Level *99 chime.

ADVANCE, SPECIAL Ti, SUDDEN Ti mode

more accuracy. (thanks edo!!)

ini file

player1_povhat = 0 to 8 (default:0)

player1_axis = 0 to 8 (default:0)

width was expanded.

ALL

staffroll (Member who answered this topic.)

known bugs

- roll is not a 20G big tetromino challenge.

- special ti, shadow staffroll.