Records: [Texmaster] Special & Sudden

Thread in 'Competition' started by orz, 14 May 2008.

1. [​IMG]

Man, that would have been a fast clear. Also, except the 0-999 <= 8:45:00 condition I've met them all.

2. COL

COL

[​IMG]

^^
    I REALLY wanted to conquer the texmaster version of this game. I find it slightly harder than the actual game in fact (anyone to agree?). vid included in my profile

3. The good news is I broke my record 617-->699.
    The bad news is that it was my 2nd 600+ in 26 Ms.o_O

Attached Files:

• 699.JPG
      699.JPG
      File size:
      81.1 KB
      Views:
  4. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

This doesn´t shock me..I am supposed to be a DEATH GM and sometimes, I play more than 30 min without passing 500.

5. [​IMG]

Just a quick update, still not a great time though.

6. [​IMG]

Faster completion, but only S8.
    Can anyone tell me what times my halves ultimately have to be? I believe I can rush through the first half in 5:00, but then again, my 500-999 is around 4:00 most of the time.
    Even 5:00 + 3:45 would barely be enough, so what times do you guys suggest?

7. Ai

Ai

Great time improvement. Like you indicate a time very close to (and preferably under) 5 minutes for the first part is absolutely necessary. This forces you to get a time near 03:45 for the second part. Good luck! ^^

8. [​IMG]

Yet another small time improvement (500-600 and 900-999 don't meet the time conditions :|)

I really thought 500-999 will never be the problem, because I played a ton of death, but looks like I'm wrong ;)

9. Ok, here is my record for the SICKEST TGM MODE EVER.
    I also had a 9:2x where I was at the the bottom, prepared for a tetris on the right (about 993), throwing in the centre and locking every piece coming until the I, misdropped, blocked the opening, tried to make another line at the top and still managed to lose.>:(
    My last attempt today was one more tragedy. 1st half 5:17 (my best) and in 2nd half the dealer dealt me the most inconvenient pieces ever until I quitted full of disgust.
    ps1. How the hell do make sub65 in 0-110 so easily. I'm struggling to get a 1:06-1:08 and when I do so the next section is always near 1:10.
    ps2 SICK

Attached Files:

• 932.jpg
      932.jpg
      File size:
      89.7 KB
      Views:
  10. What are you playing on, keyboard or stick?

I'm a keyboard player and went through the same trouble until I realized that you have to slide your finger from UP to DOWN instead of hitting UP, lifting your finger and then hitting DOWN. After this "epiphany" I could clear 0-100 in less than 1:05:00 most of the time. On keyboard you can even press both UP and DOWN simultaneously to instantly drop and lock a piece (this can be combined with IRS!). This works both in Texmaster and TAP. It's espescially useful during ARE, because technically you don't waste any time with the upcoming piece. The only downsides are that it messes with your rhythm and that it may feel weird dependent on your setup.

Edit: Also, I found out that during the first sections it doesn't hurt that much to take a few singles or doubles if necessary as long as you keep a fast rhythm.

11. I use keyboard and up/down as you BUT...

12. The game was going pretty well until 880 where I messed up. I got the S9 in the last piece (triple) sacrificing 4-5 seconds.
    9:12:61 is the time, I can't give a screenshot, "photo is not valid ".

ps1. The leaderboard needs an update, doesn't it?
    ps2. Of course I still hate this game.

13. Ai

Ai

[​IMG]

Finally S9 in Special. Fastest game so far is s8 in 08:55:26. These game were played at the end of last week.

[​IMG]

Look at that 100-200 section time! ^^

14. Very nice, Ai! I knew you could do a lot better than that slow S9 of yours. M is not so far away

15. Ai

Ai

Thanks clincher! It'll certainly take some time for m, especially on TAP where achieving S9 is a little more tricky. Here are some more screenshots with play from this weekend:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm close to clearing the overall time requirement for m! But play needs to improve significantly with more tetrises in 20G and solid manual locking in the last section if I ever hope to obtain the master grade. ^^

16. Ai

Ai

Nice billtsar and DDRKirby(ISQ)!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I'll update the leaderboards later. ^^

17. Wow! Very close to M and maybe even soon enough GM! :)