Records: [Texmaster] Special & Sudden

Thread in 'Competition' started by orz, 14 May 2008.

1. 200th reply :p
    [​IMG]
    The I came one piece too late. Couldn't make the tetris and promptly died.
    Sudden 799 @ 5:09:43

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting better lately..

3. Started to play again after a long break...and managed to break the torikan in sudden for the first time last week! Couldn't stay focused after seeing the M mark though, and died at 535...

Attached Files:

4. orz

orz

hey i will update this tomorrow afternoon

5. Thanks
    Can you please update the other leaderboards at the same time?

6. yes, i too noticed this since playing with the latest version (2009-2). did not happen in beta 2.

7. orz

orz

updated

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

vmame..:awe:
    That is strange..Now mame is as accurate as the real game but there is still a lot of people on Tex.
    I tried TI last week end, after a long period on sudden ti and special ti, and I can confirm the huge difference, TI is harder.
    So if the difference is the same with TAP and sudden and special, I suggest people to move on vmame instead of continu to play these two modes.
    Or play something else fucking hot !!! GO TO HEBORIS C7 !!!

9. is there anything special about heboris c7? and how do i get it?

i like texmaster because it runs smoothly on my comp, has nice music, and it's convenient (replays, restarting, quick startup).

10. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Don't think about it right now, let me just the time to get internet and I will upload for you a good version well prepared.

HEBORISC7 is just terribly better than Tex and TI. The timing has been set to be faster and still more pleasant to play.

11. Ugh...

Meow don't play Heboris.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Just trsut me and let me the occasion one day to show you the game.
    Honnestly, the only two advantages I can see on tex is :
    (it will be much shorter than talking about advantages of hebo on tex)

1 : 1000 replays on tex and only 40 on heboris
    2 : Much easier to make video on tex

except that 2 points, HEBORIS kills texmaster on every points..

13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I am just waiting your arguments, maybe I suck for deep understanding of the programmation of a game, but I still remain the player who practiced the most both of the games..I spent 500 hours on both games where you guys you played 800 hours on Tex and 20h on Heboris.

I can hold this topic as long as you want and defend Heboris against everybody here with accurate arguments.

14. Likewise.

15. The 2 reasons I didn't like Heboris were:

1. The huge amount of options: Since Heboris was pretty much the first Tetris game I tried all these options were just confusing. Now that I know what they are for I wouldn't see that as a problem but for beginners it's hard to start with.

2. The long time it takes to start: Texmaster simply start way faster.

All in all Heboris is still a great game, but Texmaster feels more.. "handy".

16. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I see the point 1, it is evident that even me I have not tried more than 30% of the options.
    But are we the best player of tetris or not ?? We spend time enough on a tetris game to be able to handle the game menu I think.
    Honnestly, here is my example, I still don't get the way to correctly set the buttons on tex, the process is boring !! in heboris you have a clean menu to set automatically keys..

17. Heboris was the first tgm-like game i played, too. I liked the game, and all the options, like road, ace, and the ability to try out different rotation systems. the only problem i had with it was the installation. i was never sure if i did it correctly, or wich version to use. i still dont know wich version is best, and i dont know what the latest is.

i love texmaster also, its handy (completely agree with Deeem2031 here), it runs on crappy pcs, its fun to play and easy to set up. except for the joystick configuration maybe, didnt get how to do that properly either. i had to go through trial and error until i had the joystick setup i wanted.

i should also say that i never played tgm games on a real arcade so i dont know how big the difference in all the game modes really is (compared to both games). for someone that is used to how certain games work that could come into play.

18. Use Nullpomino. (Alternatively... I think someone should make a key configuration utility for TexMaster. Maybe I'll stop being lazy and do something like that.)

I'd still like to hear how Heboris "kills" Nullpo/Texy in terms of frame timings and such. I find Heboris's timings very awkward in comparison. Master G4 doesn't give enough time to smoothly charge DAS during ARE at later levels -- either ARE is too short or DAS too long. I seem to recall grading feeling similarly unrefined, but I don't have evidence of this at the moment (nor do I desire to dive into Heboris's awful source code to find some... but I remember G2 had grading bugs that were pretty stupid so I wouldn't be surprised if G4 was similarly broken or badly designed.)

19. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I really wonder..
    With Tex who gives :

m8 for a game played with 15 tetrises at 7min30
    m8 for a game played with 40 tetrises at 6min30

So ok, Heboris has got some strange decisions is attributing a grade but not worse than Tex, really.

Maybe it is simply a question of personal feeling.
    When I use Tex, I feel like the game is testing me. When I play G4, I feel like I am surfing...I don't see any problem with the DAS, and ARE is reduced a little bit and lock delay slightly extended. This combinaison of difference makes Heboris faster and safer that TI and Tex, you can get 3 TPS and still feel confortable on Heboris, where you will feel stressed on Tex. I use to clear 7/10 attempts on G4 around 6min and only 3/10 on Tex around 6min40.
    What do you prefer ??

And really, I fucking don't care that Tex is closer to TI than Heboris is, I like Heboris BECAUSE of the difference.

The subtility is here, the last version of Heboris are crappy imo because it tries to approach the timing of TI, the HEBORIS UE C7 I have (I am not sure of the accurate designation) is issued from the first attempt to copy TI on Heboris, I don't know if the Hebo's designer consciously made it this way but the differences they defined make the game terrible actually.

I deeply presented the two games to my girlfriend and Bou, my most powerfull friend of tetris that I use to often see, and the two people agree with the superiority of Heboris.

Last edited: 5 Mar 2010