Records: [Texmaster] Special and Sudden Ti

Thread in 'Competition' started by aperturegrillz, 27 Feb 2008.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Not bad but I prefer small places..He it is too huge I hate it..

No, I dont know what happend, I think I made it because until 1240 I thought I was going to simply die..

Then the best part happened :

"hmm..No..It is not too fast anymore, ah ! I can survive and think in the same time !!..maybe that this time......."

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG]

If one day TWF decides to upload this leaderboard..

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

4. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

5. slight updates. I forsee more progress in sudden ti soon, but need to learn to stack better for more Special progress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Last edited: 24 Jul 2012
  7. Aaaand you passed Amnesia again :D

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

SHHUUUUTT !!!

Give me 4 days and I destroy him again.

9. Obv.

10. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Mais oui tu vas voir...je vais les dégommer tous ces enfoirés..

11. Nice game! You've come a long way from beating the torikan about 10 months ago to S11 now, congrats :)

Just out of curiosity, do you lock from 500 on or is that not necessary for the second torikan?

12. First off thanks!

About your question : No, I never lock when I get to 500. I try that silly idea of tetrising at 600 speeds, then I find myself stuck and have to clean the stack a bit, and if I survive long enough, the game allows me to continue.

Come to think of it, not only do I get leverage from the first torikan, but the second part also buys me some more time. Here, it's 4:33:78 against that torikan of 4:56:00, more than 20 seconds. It might be just me, but I think if you get in here without a level stop that lasts forever, then that means your time is below that limit.

13. I see, it's probably more of a challenge to get stopped by it then ;)

14. Hmmm... I've been on par to trigger invisible in two recent games (died at level 9-- both times, though :( ), and just triggered but didn't survive the fading credit roll in two subsequent games. (One was another M7 with a much slower time than my current, and the other I totally bombed the credit roll for an m4) Does this mean I'm breaking through...?

I do not look forward to training invisible for years...

15. In my humble opinion, you are bound to finish that fading roll, it's only a matter of time. Don't worry, invisible training can be quite tedious, but making progress can be quite cool and rewarding.

About me, I had a lot of trouble keeping the tetrises going, in-game S9 was a huge obstacle, but there we go!

Code:
    Qlex ------------   M       999     6:52:63
    http://youtu.be/VkkSq292V2s

16. I have already finished the fading roll once. In June, I got the fading roll for the first time and cleared it. I failed the two times I got it yesterday, but it's not a worry for me. It feels like regular 600-998 to me. My fear is full invisible.

Is in game S9 before 999 required for anything, or is it just best practice to try for it because it gets you as close to MM as you can before the roll starts? I've got S6, S8 and S6 for my three 999 games.

Also, great game!

Edit: After making this post... I triggered my first fully invisible roll in the actual arcade game. And it of course... destroyed me.

Last edited: 17 Aug 2012
  17. The requirement for the invisible roll is being at least S7 and getting all cools. So if you trigger it and clear no lines whatsoever in the roll, you're M7, M8 or M9. To get MM you then need to gain 5-7 more grades in the roll. So yup, preferably you want to be S9, but it's not necessary.
    However, if you get all but one cool and end up with S9, you're M8 and get the semi-invis roll in which you can - if you're insanely fast - get up to 4 grades (KAN demonstrated that) => MV

So if you're learning invis it probably feels like a cruel joke that people can outgrade you by intentionally missing one cool.

@Qlex: Nice game, just wondering: Are you also time-attacking or just playing for grades? Because your 0-70 could have been almost 8 seconds slower, so you would have had enough time to clean up the mess. It looks to me like you're racing from the very beginning because of placements like the T @ 16 or the I ending up in column 9 instead of 10.

18. That's what steadshot said. Besides, in-game S6 and S8 are very good records in my opinion. Don't worry, it's also very very good if you get one grade out of the M roll for now.

@steadshot : I'm just looking for grades, but I want that pre 20g part to be over asap, which explains my early bad moves. Plus, when I play I just have no breaks in between games, so I'm rather careless in the first section (though I will say mixing up CW and CCW @ T 16 deserves a facepalm *sigh*)

19. GAP

GAP

For us m9-MK players, both 8 and 9 cools are OK.
    Getting high in-game grade frequently, especially S9, would be a better choice for striving to MK+,
    because fading 4.0+ and invis 3.0+ are MUCH harder than in-game S9.
    Invisble roll may begin with SZTO which make it really annoyingo_O
    M-MK is WAY too easier than MK-MV:facepalm: