Texmaster Sounds or Themes?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Vespher, 12 May 2016.

1. Yo.

Does anyone have any links to some "sound packs" for Texmaster? Every link that I've come across is years old and dead.

I'm not a fan of the default counter strike sounds, and would like to change them. I would do this myself, but I am unsure of how to edit or export .adpcm files. I've already muted most of the more annoying sounds and changed the backgrounds, and am looking to customize it further.

2. Here's the tool to convert .wav files to .adpcm files that used to be included in older versions: adpcm.zip (14KB)
    It's pretty basic: "adpcm.exe some_wav.wav" pumps out some_wav.adpcm.
    If you're on Linux, you have to build it yourself first.

In case you want the TGM piece sounds, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Last edited: 12 May 2016
  3. Thanks a lot! This is exactly what I'm looking for!

I already have the TGM piece sounds, but I just had a question regarding those. If I want to stream gameplay to Twitch or upload to YouTube using these piece sounds, will I be in any DMCA related trouble with Arika/TTC?

4. That's a good question and to be honest it's probably not even a wise idea to stream a TGM clone at all, regardless of whether you're using TGM assets or not, especially given that you're a Twitch partner.
    There have in fact been instances in the past of YouTube videos of TGM clones getting flagged/taken down by Arika/TTC. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Mihara, creator of TGM, tweeted not too long ago that people are only allowed to stream games of the TGM series on original hardware and are obligated to put up some copyright disclaimer, although I'm not sure to what effect that rule has been enforced yet.

So while I personally think it's lame to discourage you from streaming the game like that, I thought I'd give you a heads-up on the current situation.

5. Hey, and welcome to the forum.

From what I remember, it's strictly prohibited to add TGM sounds to your clone and then stream it. Just playing clones puts you in a gray area, but it shouldn't be a valid reason to shut down your channel. I reviewed Texmaster plays on stream and I have been okay since.

Hope this helps.

Omio9999 likes this.
  6. Because of the current issue with Arika's content-monitoring, I'd suggest NullpoMino's .wav sounds for pieces and line-clears so you get a bit of a "standardized" feel.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but this is in the same vein: is it plausible to have a flat-colour appearance, as I also have on NullpoMino? I usually colour my games really dark where I can help it. x:

Once this thread's run the main of its course, I might ask about rebooting the Texmaster thread and add resources as I hear hoots and hollers about them.

7. I remember jago tried to color @Supernaze7 's texmaster layout for the monochrome blocks... It didn't turn out too great :V

Not a clue about it!