Tetris Zone now available for PC

Thread in 'Discussion' started by kbr420, 27 Apr 2007.

1. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

I search for Tetris online on Google. The first ten results are
    1. Miniclip
    2. Neave
    3. Miniclip
    4. 2DPlay
    5. Absolutist
    6. Alex-soft
    7. Server not responding
    8. Neave
    9. Tetris Online
    10. 404 Applet not found
    I search for Tetris online on Yahoo!. The first ten results are
    1. Misnamed page (list of games, none of them SMG, but two Google ads refer to Tetris)
    2. Neave
    3. JavaScript game that doesn't appear to work in IE or Firefox
    4. Gamespot review of Tetris Worlds
    5. Miniclip
    6. IGN review of Tetris DS
    7. Tetris Online
    8. Xbox.com product page for Tetris Worlds
    9. Absolutist
    10. Some other random Tengen-style clone

As for Tetris Online the company, the interview with Mr. Rogers doesn't explain much either:

2. jujube

jujube Unregistered

3. kbr420

kbr420 Unregistered

I beat you!

4. jujube

jujube Unregistered

[​IMG] i didn't know you were TETRiSMaster! that was a great game you had to get to 589000, i've watched it a few times. it's going to take a bunch of t-spins and probably 45 tetrises to beat that (as i never expect to get 50 tetrises). ok..um..well can anyone else beat me [​IMG]

5. New version released and there are still sound issues. I also noticed that there's no support for joysticks (as I bought one recently).

I'm so happy I asked for (and got) my money back.

6. jujube

jujube Unregistered

[​IMG]
    sorry jono, i really am [​IMG]

it was cold and calculated [​IMG] heh not really, just made a bunch of t-spins.

7. wait, it's actually .002 seconds longer than exactly ten minutes?

8. There's no way the game is that accurate... Anything that isn't a frame multiple of time is guaranteed to fake accuracy. Given that the game is probably running at 60 fps, it has the balls to report that the game lasted exactly 0.12 frames more than 10 minutes.

What the crap is 0.12 frames? A frame is either rendered or isn't.

9. jujube

jujube Unregistered

the game must be running at 500 fps [​IMG]
    or, they use a GPS electrical laser refractor/defractor timing system accurate to .001s which represents how long you're REALLY playing. are they this committed?

10. maybe it's running on a time-based model rather than a frame-based one, and has the game cycle decoupled from rendering the screen?

11. tepples

To expand on what Needle said: The hard drop key that ends the game can be pressed halfway through the frame. This can be measured using the high-resolution timers provided by the OS (e.g. QueryPerformanceCounter).

12. Cubicz

Cubicz Unregistered

I can't see a paypal option on the purchase screen, which means I have no way of paying. Any plans to add it in? or can we sort something temporary out?

13. Cubicz

Cubicz Unregistered

nevermind! im retarded, and it can be done.

14. jujube

jujube Unregistered

ahh good to be back [​IMG]

just letting everyone know that Tetris Zone lets you watch replays now. you can watch your best game in each mode, best of the day, and soon best of all time. i downloaded the new version and everything is working fine. oh, and after playing a lot of TOJ i would say the DAS is definitely faster in TZ.

15. kbr420

kbr420 Unregistered

Like the new update? I heard the leaderboards will get reset though, sorry.

not to hijack the thread, but how did you manage to get a TOJ account? Isn't it only for people based in Japan?

And yes, TOJ's DAS is ridiculously SLOW! I can hit the keys faster than it repeats...

16. tepples

Internet Protocol address geolocation can be fooled if somebody in Japan sets up you the proxy.

17. jujube

jujube Unregistered

yeah what he said.

that's ok, i'll just have to wait before i break 600,000 in master mode [​IMG]

tapping is too much work for me so i've been using a gamepad. in multiplayer i can still hit over 30 LPM (with a few soft drops) but some people are getting close to 40.

18. That plus getting through a CAPTCHA in hiragana...

19. All you really have to do is fail miserably and rely on the generosity of others to make an account for you. [​IMG]

Thanks again Jujube [​IMG]

20. mat

mat

i came to the conclusion that you actually can't hit faster than the DAS. unless that's changed. it is still in your best interest to tap, as the time spent charging DAS is eliminated. actual best interest is a macro that kicks in taps after a shorter period than the DAS charge. either way it's an infuriating nail in an otherwise pristine (albeit L-shaped) coffin.

also:

registering with TOJ is a far less strenuous test of one's resourcefulnesses than the acquisition of some other elusive tetris games... now, if TOJ actually checked your IP every time you logged on/while you were playing, things might be a little bit more difficult. as it stands, the only thing they care about is registration.