tetris worlds

Thread in 'Discussion' started by deepdorp, 19 May 2006.

1. Bander87

Bander87 Unregistered

What are some decent times for marathon tetris? So far my records have been in the low 18 minute range. Is there something special past 15 minutes (10th degree?).

2. hmm, which version of tetris are you playing? i was not aware of a marathon mode in tetris worlds.

3. Bander87

Bander87 Unregistered

On the gameboy.

4. Is'nt Marathon mode on GameBoy never ending?

So it wouldend when the score is all nine's.

Or do you mean you play the game for 18 minutes before lossing?

- Jono

5. Bander87

Bander87 Unregistered

ha, maybe we arn't talking about the same thing? It stops at level 15. Does playstation or anything have this?

6. Yes, all modes on the GBA version end on level 15, but "popular mode" has a score and ends on level 20 (by that I mean is gets no faster but continues to play).

Also I just understood what you ment, [​IMG] you mean the time it took you to finish the game by starting from level 1 and playing through to 15 right?

On another note I would like to know how fast people have done level 15 on the GBA version? And how fast people have done level 14 on the PS2 or PC version?

Sorry for all the earlyer confusion Bander

- Jono

7. Bander87

Bander87 Unregistered

Yep, thats what I mean.

And not a problem [​IMG]

8. I have been playing a bit of Tetris worlds lately (dont ask me why [​IMG] ) and I was wondering does anyone have or know about any good times for level 15?

I have level 15 in arcade mode down to 48.9 seconds and I will be making a video for youtube shortly. (As soon as hypercam stops flashing!)

Has anyone seen faster?

Thanks,

- Jono

9. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

I used to have TW on GBA, and it shared TDS's slow DAS, but there was no manual lock, slowing down high-G play.

7 tetrises == 8+12+12+12+12+12+12 "lines" >= the 75 lines you need

7 tetrises == about 28*2.5 = 70 tetrominoes, make that 75 unless you make a concerted effort to bravo

then you need to subtract seven line clear delays, getting you down to about 45 s to place 75 tetrominoes