Tetris removed from the Xbox 360 ?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Deniax, 27 May 2008.

1. Deniax

Deniax Blockbox developer

2. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Is Tetris Evo out of print yet?

3. kiwibonga

kiwibonga Unregistered

Probably easy to find second hand, but I don't think anyone plays it online anymore...

Tetris Splash suffered a similar fate, though there's still this small, close knit community for it, but there's no more ranked matches...

4. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

You can still catch people playing it.

I seem to run across enough people playing it, but why no more ranked matches? Is it because people aren't hosting them or is it some other problem?

Because if it's something that Microsoft isn't following through on, that needs to be dealt with. I bought a game anticipating all the functionality was there.

5. Ranked matches work, but you have to have six people to start. Unless you're Halo, you should have 1v1 ranked matches. I remember finding lots of ranked matches on Evolution because I didn't have to wait for six people who constantly drop.

6. jujube

jujube Unregistered

even when TDS was at the height of it's popularity it took a while to get a 4 player match going (and of course someone would drop out after 2 games) so i can only imagine the difficulties you guys have with 6 player matches. if you want to see things work more smoothly, go play TOJ or cultris. for those who haven't played those or similar games, you basically have a room where you only need 2 players to get a game going, but more can join and watch until the current game ends, and they start playing in the next game. if you ever end up stuck by yourself you only need to wait on one person and then you're playing again.

maybe tetris splash already has an unranked mode like that, i really don't know because i've never played it. if that's the case, why? does that make any sense to anybody? is it somehow more fair with 6 players?

7. yes splash has an unranked mode that works that way. they do it where you need 6 people because rank is supposed to be standardized: same type of playing experience every time you play.

8. jujube

jujube Unregistered

well i agree that they should've known it wouldn't be as popular as Halo. besides, in Halo you get to play until the end whether you win or lose, while if you lose first in 6 player tetris you have to wait around for the game to end and you might just drop out. when a player drops do you have to start from scratch and wait for all new players to join like in TDS 4 player?

9. Udy

Udy Unregistered

Had Tetris Splash for ages and love it, however it is nigh on possible to find a ranked match. There are always people around for player matches but I have to say they usually aren't any kind of serious challenge. I've actually been ribbed more times for being English than I've lost games.

10. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Aside from when I let someone use my profile to play, I don't think I've lost a match yet on Splash unranked.

Anyone up for some ranked sometime?

11. kiwibonga

kiwibonga Unregistered

I wouldn't mind, but good luck finding 4 other people... and getting them to connect at the same time :p