Tournament: Tetris Party Tournament (Wii)

Thread in 'Competition' started by lee n, 19 Oct 2008.

1. m:)

m:) Unregistered

do you have to play all the modes?

I haven't tried any thing but tetris marathon and battle modes.

2. No, you don't have to play all the rounds, but it might be hard to make the top 500 if you don't try to pick up some points in all 4 rounds. BTW, when you register it shows you all the tournaments, and the 4th tournament at the end of April will be World Battle, so you might be more interested in that one.

3. m:)

http://www.tetrisparty.com/us_en/tournament/rules#one

my state is excluded [​IMG] I was in the top 50 last night.

4. How exactly can they tell what state you live in? The state I'm in right now isn't eligible, but I can also claim residency in a state that is eligible...

5. m:)

they track you with your mac address, lets see if they can tell...

6. jujube

jujube Unregistered

looks like caffeine can't compete either (Louisiana). see what happens when you win the AT&T tournament! your whole state gets banned from tetris tournaments!

7. They might be able to tell where you are connecting from via your IP address, but even that wouldn't prove you weren't a resident from an eligible location. Worst case, it just says you can't win a prize, so if I were you I'd compete anyway. It says they will e-mail the prizes, so they're probably not going to actually care where you live.

Anyone else keep getting booted off the Nintendo wi-fi with a 91010 error when you try to compete in the tournament? So far I've only been able to play 2 games without getting booted off.

8. Oh well, I traded in my Wii a few weeks back anyway. =b

This reminds me of when I won like fifty dollars one night playing some skill game website's version of Tetris. When I went to cash out, it told me I couldn't because of my state.

9. Sully

Sully Unregistered

I was able to get logged into tetrisparty.com and I found this info on the current tourney, which I don't know if anyone else had seen yet:

[​IMG]

I've never played those other modes.

And Tourney 2 is 2/1-2/15 Co-op Tetris Endless ON

10. I wonder how that Co-op Tetris tournament is going to work -- if it will be play with the computer or play with a partner or either option. The third tournament basically looks like a rehash of the first tournament. The World Battle tournament should be the craziest of the bunch: I sure hope they don't use the present rating system to rank people in that though.

11. i am participating in the tournament. currently, i got rank 135 (europe rankings).
    i try to improve.

here is the current leaderboard:

[​IMG]

it seems to me that the leaderboard already got compromised. is this highscore of 828098 really possible ? or is it fake ?

12. Sully

Sully Unregistered

With a solid ST stacking run, this score should be very possible. I had a 660k run with a ton of mistakes.

13. whats "ST" stacking ? t spin stuff ? is there a strategy known to get high scores , besides weird tspins ?
    currently i try to make back-to-back tetrises almost exclusively, with just some repairs if i did misdrops. i also noticedthat one gets a back-to-back and a 2x combo if you do two tetrises consecutively without stacking inbetween.

also - is there already more known about the scoring mechanism of tetris party? does score depend on level (drop speed) ? does it depend on drop height , i.e does it give more points if i drop a piece early vs just letting a piece settle without hard drop ?

14. i just read the wiki about st - stacking, its understood. seems that it is time *sigh* to train t-spins.

15. che_lives

che_lives Unregistered

i was looking at the secong tournament.. do i need to start training someone for the coop mode? or can i get a partner online? the game kicked me out a few times in the first round.. if i try to top the score and it kicks me out.. im gonna be piss.. lol

16. I've been wondering about the co-op tournament myself. I'm hoping they'll give the option of competing with the computer or competing with another player locally, because not everyone has a second Tetris player hanging around. I doubt it would work very well with an online teammate because of lag, so I'm guessing that won't be an option, but that would be pretty cool.

For some reason I kept getting booted off whenever I was connecting over my wireless router with WPA encryption, but WEP I never seemed to have any problems with. It's kind of annoying, because WEP isn't really secure so I don't want to leave my router using WEP encryption, but every time I switch back to WPA I get 91010 disconnection errors, so I don't believe it is a coincidence.

17. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Neither is wired networking. If you use WEP and MAC whitelisting on your AP, someone could break into your network with a significant amount of effort. If you use wired networking, someone could break into your house with a significant amount of effort. The point of Wi-Fi security in a home environment isn't to shut out crackers entirely but to make your AP less inviting than your neighbor's open AP. If you can prove that someone cracked your WEP key, you can establish the perp's intent to break and enter your network.

Besides, what are you trying to protect? If they penetrate your network, so what? They get the Internet. They still need a name and password to get to anything else on your network.

18. The sort of people that would go to the trouble of going arond WEP security are probably the sort of people you don't want using your Internet, because they could be using it for perverted purposes. Besides, I use WiMax and it has a smaller bandwidth limit, so I wouldn't want other people leeching off my Internet.

19. The sort of people who would break into WEP security could also break into WPA. I don't see why someone would be willing to go to the lengths of breaking into WEP and not WPA. Or why they would at all when there are plenty of unsecured networks out there which could be used hassle-free.

And how likely is it anyway that someone is going to try and break into your network?

20. If I remember correctly WEP nowadays can be cracked in five seconds while WPA still takes hours/weeks. Sounds like a large enough difference to me.