Tetris Friends up on Facebook.com

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 9 Apr 2008.

1. that uses a kick, jujube. newer versions use "no-kick 3 corner."

2. yea that was messing up my scores and back2back before, didn't know some of my t-spins were actually counting as just a double line clear.

3. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i don't really care how it's defined [​IMG] it just doesn't make sense to me. with the T-spin double example, shouldn't you get the same reward no matter how you rotate the piece into the slot?

i guess what i'm getting at is why is the player not rewarded because of kick "abuse." the kicks in the examples i gave aren't anything extreme, and it's not something that just happens unintended by the player. it's just as much work to setup and execute a kick TSS with an overhang as it is to make a TSD, and in both cases you're rotating the T into a slot that it couldn't have been hard dropped into. what's so special about a run-of-the-mill T-spin double setup that makes it better than any other T-spin that was rewarded in the past, other than it clearing more lines than a TSS?

4. i think they removed kick t-spins because they just want t-slot type t-spins, and i think that makes the game a little tighter, which i prefer actually. sure your example goes into a t-slot, but then what about those EZ t-spins where there's no t-slot to begin with? same thing with t-spin doubles out of the -2 kick. i guess they could specifically pick and choose certain kicks to allow and certain to disallow, but that seems sloppy to me.

5. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

The sloppy issue is quite subjective though. Wallkicks can be very sloppy by nature and yet they can be very elegant in regards to gameplay intuition. By simplifying T-Spins to this point, it removes a lot of the complexity that made T-Spins interesting in the first place. I think it's sloppy to not pick and choose between what makes sense intuitively and what doesn't.

6. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

A) No TST recognition

B) Bad controls

7. jujube

jujube Unregistered

tighter is good, i can't disagree with that.

say it's only a T-spin if it's 3-corner and it can't be hard dropped to it's final position? like the 2nd example here.

why not just do away with the -2 kick? it's only purpose is to allow triple twists to work, which aren't rewarded anymore anyway. the strong players won't use these twists if there's no reward, and other players don't even know about them.

yeah, and i would contend that only kicks for JLSTZ that allow the piece to move 2 cells up, down, left or right are unintuitive.

8. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

If you like setting up TSTs, but your game uses 3-corner no kick, perhaps you need this:

[​IMG]
    Imperial Cross (see wiki for details)

But seriously, I think the -2 kicks are only in there as a consequence of the corresponding +2 kick in the other direction. Notice that in SRS, most kicks are reversible.

caffeine: Should I take that as a request for "No-BS SRS" in my own game?

9. mat

mat

this game is really solid for what it is--i set up an autohotkey script to get the layout i want before even trying it, so a huge negative would of course be the lack of key config, but i imagine they will add that at a later date. the live scoreboard with everybody's picture on the right is awesome, i would love to see a similar feature in tgm. leaps and bounds above similarly publicized games.

10. jujube

jujube Unregistered

note to self: download Lockjaw source code and remove all 2's from SRS kick table except for I piece.

wait a minute, i already did that [​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

how i got my current score

12. i knew ana frees score was suspicious! today some cheater got 232k points lol. boo these people!

13. jujube

jujube Unregistered

time for TTC to implement replays in this game. they could easily go back and see what happened, see if too many points are rewarded, maybe compare it to a TAS. at least the top 10 scores should be verified IMO.

edit: Tetris Online, not TTC

14. And this thing STILL won't work for me [​IMG]

I'll try removing it and adding it again later.

15. eks

eks Unregistered

The controls are terrible. Ok otherwise.

16. matchbow

matchbow Unregistered

the controls can now be changed, which is good.

i'm hardly a professional, but i got 33k points with just tetrises and 82 blocks per minute. now i've actually got incentive to learn ST stacking.

edit: i got the high scores to work, it just takes some IE.

hooray being 20th! i see some of your scores in the top of the board

17. jujube

jujube Unregistered

that's a nice addition. hope replays are coming next.

18. When I had finished playing, it said it had encountered some problems etc.. :'< So I didn't set any high score. I hope it will work next time... D: I misplaced some tetrominoes because the application freezed up sporadically a couple of times. Java (and my sucky computer =P)...

19. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i think lots of people have had problems with lag. i don't play a lot of web based games but they seem to do that.

20. kiwibonga

kiwibonga Unregistered

Huarrrrrrrr 24500-something... How 2 play lol [​IMG]

EDIT: God damn it, 25295, I give up. And to top it all off, we're all getting beaten by a girl!