Tetris for Windows Mobile - good freeware versions?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by durga2112, 9 Dec 2008.

1. durga2112

durga2112 Unregistered

I am wondering if anyone knows of any freeware versions of Tetris for Windows Mobile that implement at least some of the guideline features. I have tried games like Kevtris which are basically really good clones of old school Tetris, but I would love to have something that has SRS, random bag generation, hold piece, etc.

Anyone know of anything like this?

2. Muf

Muf

There's EA Tetris which is Java, so it should run on Windows Mobile cellphones.

3. yeah, i play EA tetris on my phone.
    although it has a bug with sprint, a tetris counts as 8 lines, BtB counts as 12 o.o so i only have to make 4 tetrises to win sprint :/

4. not a bug
    that's just how some guideline games score lines

5. jujube

jujube Unregistered

weird that it works that way in sprint mode though. that shouldn't be.

6. Try this one. Screenshot shows guideline colors for the blocks, but that next preview for J is the wrong orientation, so who knows how guideline-ish it is.
    http://www.carlosag.net/mobile/Tetris.aspx
    Don't have a Windows Mobile device myself, so I can't help if it doesn't work/isn't very good.

7. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

If I could solve the following problems, we'd have a CE frontend for Lockjaw:
    • I don't own a Pocket PC, nor can I find one new in stores. All I can find are Windows Mobile smartphones tied to a data plan that would cost me at least $1,439.76 plus taxes and fees over the 24 month minimum commitment. (For comparison, my current phone costs me $128.76 per two years because I use it primarily to arrange rides.)
    • I use a Pocket PC at work, but the directional pad is right in the middle, not within easy reach of the thumb.
    • Windows Mobile SDK runs only in the pay editions of Visual Studio, not Visual C++ Express Edition.
    • I own two PCs, and they're both nearly full. To install Cygwin and CeGCC, I'd need a bigger boot drive. When I partitioned my PC, I didn't expect Windows XP Service Pack 3 to double the size of the operating system. Adding an external drive is impractical since my USB 2 card died, leaving me with the 1 MB per second limitation of the built-in USB 1.1 ports. The other PC is a subnotebook with a 4 GB solid-state drive, and Ubuntu takes up most of that.
    • My interest in tetromino games wanes whenever my Animal Crossing character moves to a new town in a new game. CITY FOLK came out in November.
    I assume Kevtris has nothing to do with the Colecovision homebrew game of the same name.

8. $128.76 for two years??? That's astounding. Let me congratulate you.

9. Icehawk78

Icehawk78 Unregistered

Tepples:

Depending on the amount of work needed for compiling a Windows Mobile version, I could possibly help.

I own a Windows Mobile phone and a full edition of Visual Studio 2008, so I could compile and test the code, if that's the primary limitation. However, I've not done any mobile programming myself, so if it would involve significant code changes (minor edits I could likely handle), then I might not be able to help.

10. its a bug for 40 lines. 40 lines means 40 lines. that means i should get 10 tetrises, not 4. in marathon in some guidelines its
    single ->1
    double ->3
    triple ->5
    tetris -> 8
    btb tetris ->12

which is correct.
    But this shouldnt happen in 40 line mode..................................
    in this ea version its
    single->1
    double->2
    triple->3
    tetris->8
    btb tetris->12
    for sprint mode, which is ridiculous!

11. guideline games, man

12. Icehawk78

Icehawk78 Unregistered

No, no, I've already got one of those expensive Windows Mobile phones. (Gotta love the company plan.)

Being able to emulate different hardwares could come in handy later on, but I think Visual Studio also comes with that.

13. Xeal, the latest (June's build I think) EA Tetris is real 40 lines.

14. foudn this on tetris.com

Tetris 40 lines Mobile version
    When playing this Tetris variant, the bigger the Line Clear (up to a Tetris of course), the more you receive bonus lines that contribute to the 40 line total, therefore significantly reducing the total lines needed! A Tetris alone counts for 8 lines, and if you get two Tetrises Back-to-Back, you get an additional 4 lines per each Back-to-Back Tetris, meaning 12 lines! What this means is that you can actually clear the game by achieving just 4 Back-to-Back Tetrises, only 16 lines! Of course, that is much easier than it sounds

how lame.

although yes if someone could /send me the .jar of june's build....................

15. I like how they admit how easy the line bonuses make things. :p

16. Probably supposed to be "Of course, that sounds easier than it is..." but actually it's not [​IMG]