Records: Tetris & Dr. Mario (Mode A)

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 10 Jun 2009.

1. COL

COL

2. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Re: Tetris & Dr. Mario

It is really strange, Spectre is stronger than me there is no doubt, but why is he so slow before 290, he is probably playing on something else than a paddle. It seems that he can't use diagonal moves.:confused:

3. Re: Tetris & Dr. Mario

He uses his fingertips like on a keyboard. I don't think he has very good access to down like that.

Also, he mostly hypertaps. He was surprised that Jonas was using DAS in NES, in fact.

4. Re: Tetris & Dr. Mario

interesting... if danz can only get 350 my 390 ambitions will have to be checked at the door :( and the level ten stoppage on score increase explains the seeming lack of really high scores... I'm buying it soon still and look forward to seeing what i can do :). I figured there was something to explain it but wasnt sure what, still the 290 plus play looks decepitvley simple, though certainly not easy...

5. Re: Tetris & Dr. Mario

Mine is crap compared to the rest but I just finished a TDM run so I may as well put it up:

94/33994

If I didn't screw up that I piece at the last minute I'd have been in much better shape.

Attached Files:

6. Re: Tetris & Dr. Mario

just bought an snes and this game... expect something soon ;)

7. Re: Tetris & Dr. Mario

i just bought snes tetris!!!! hooray... i think i put a pic in this but idk well see.

Attached Files:

8. Re: Tetris & Dr. Mario

a wee bit more... :)

Attached Files:

9. Re: Tetris & Dr. Mario

interesting... by my calculations the most points you could get prior to level 29 are 876,000. So even assuming you get to 390 you would need 124k in 98 lines (possible but if your just "getting lines" at a level 9 score pace that only gives like 75k or something... this gentelmen, would be one tough cookie to make out, but as harry and jonas and thor have taught us, never say never... but this all begs the question, is level 39 a kill screen? if not, this puppy might be doable!

10. Re: Tetris & Dr. Mario

I can do some Tool-Assisted work if someone hasn't already done a run, but I'm pretty sure the displayed level counter stops at 31 and things don't speed up.

EDIT: I was able to confirm the max level is in fact 31, with a max speed of 1G just like NES. If you use Game Genie cheats to pass the level cap, the gravity reverts to slower speeds.

Last edited: 13 Nov 2010
  11. Re: Tetris & Dr. Mario

307... that level 29 is a hot mess!

Attached Files:

12. Re: Tetris & Dr. Mario

fun little idea: perhaps the "who can beat the hardest level in vs the computer dr. mario"... i tried 15 to 15 high and one in three straight so we started trying harder ones like putting the computer on level 10 to our 15 on hard and trying to win, its epic... my roomates better at dr. mario so perhaps some filming will ensue ;)

13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I thought that we were protected against this, a long time I had not seen such a post.

14. Muf

Muf

It comes and goes. Our protection is reCAPTCHA, which seems to get compromised at some point and then consequently tightens its security further. I remember when they started their captchas were a lot more readable.

15. Re: Tetris & Dr. Mario

just thought id resurect a classic tetris thread with this :)

646,784 boom! and with room for growth too, really crappy finish (as you can see, no 290)

Attached Files:

16. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Holy shit.o_O

17. Re: Tetris & Dr. Mario

Amnesia has seen the power of a true NES Master. B)

18. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

ha ! :twisted: so I will show him the power of a m9 player.
    Let me give a shoot on T&DRM soon and you will see.
    Do you know what would be the best emulator for that or shall I have to replug my old SNES ?

19. Muf

Muf

Do it.

20. Re: Tetris & Dr. Mario

Let the pyramid begin.