Tetrinet 2

Thread in 'Discussion' started by M.Bison, 19 Jun 2007.

1. @tepples:

thanks, many good points.

* Having to use the mouse to press movement buttons on the screen

^- yeah very nice example. this one is a nice example of causing frustration. it effectively destroys the flow effect:

http://www.jenovachen.com/flowingames/flowtheory.htm

probably random rotations are just a source of frustration rather than a challenge....

damn. seems i need to get my ass up and implement both ARS and SRS more correctly in my little clone. as there seems to be no way sneaking around it [​IMG]

p.s. private messages system seems to be broken! @tepples: did you get my email? i have send it through your pineight.com mailing form.

"You don't have permission to access /forum/privmsg.php on this server."

2. i don't have much to say about this, but i do remember that when i played tnet/tnet2, practically everyone (including myself) didn't even realize the orientations were random. i must've went at least a year playing that game assuming they were coming out the same, since that would only make sense. you're just way too focused on other stuff in the game. tell you what else, many players don't improve much. i mean, how are you supposed to start learning optimal finesse without a consistent initial orientation. it's hard on the new players.

3. jujube

jujube Unregistered

nothing wrong with that.
    i'll take a guess and say that three times as many people play TDS.