tepples?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 26 Jan 2008.

1. jujube

jujube Unregistered

4/2? February 4th?

2. Cubicz

Cubicz Unregistered

27 hours

3. fnord

fnord Unregistered

really? I haven't seen that one in a while for some reason. He must be using memoryless randomizer...

4. [​IMG]

He should know better.. could at least use a bag randomizer for it.

5. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

Well what ever hes counting down to, we'll hopefully know in 18 minutes.

6. Sadly, there was nothing special for 42 minutes remaining...

Someone missed a trick there, I think...

7. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

First, I lost face on January 20 when I failed to keep track of amendments to rules in some Records topic, and I took a voluntary two-week self-ban. And the consensus on the last page of the Lockjaw topic at the time was that without scenarios, Lockjaw could not move forward. But then I realized that the number of the next version was going to be 0.42, with the minor version part being Douglas Adams' answer to life, the universe, and everything. This gave me the idea to hype up the release of the scenario system on the unban day. Later, I realized that 2008-02-03, the day two weeks after my unban, was also the day of Super Bowl XLII, the professional gridiron football championship in the United States. Now I had a theme for hyping it up.

How far is a marathon? Who is hitting the home run?

Halo 2 Demo, named after halo two, was a demonstration of the use of GSM Player in a game environment. This was mostly a proof of concept that streaming compressed music could be used in a GBA game, a concept that was fully realized in Luminesweeper.

Gbadev.org got caught up in the April Fools Day festivities, partly because I started the discussion as a feasibility study. They didn't catch on even when most of my posts in that topic contained NI? lyric quotes such as "You're going to get what you deserve" ("Head Like a Hole"), "I know it's not the right thing, and I know it's not the good thing" ("Kinda I Want To"), and "There's nothing left for me to hide" ("Terrible Lie"). The more pirate-friendly Pocket Heaven, on the other hand, saw Halo 2 Demo for what it was, and we got into a discussion about the technical differences between resampling methods.

Took y'all long enough [​IMG]

Or the day after April Fools Day, if you want to picture a connection to Halo 2.

Have you ever played Tetris 2 or any other games where all players share one preview? Think of how it would work in an 8-player game. As the number of players drawing from one bag increases, the mixing approaches memoryless. What did you expect me to do, make 4.2 billion independent bags, one for each IP address?

I'm still wondering how long it would have taken y'all to discover the connection between "What is the Super Bowl?" in my sig and the date on which the clock expires.

The Cheat Sheet to Life, the Tetriverse, and Everything

If you missed any, click the image to learn more:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: 30 Sep 2009
  8. you didn't lose face! oh man, i'm so sorry for pointing that one out. i really didn't think it was that big a deal, and just thought it was kind of cool that you actually exploited szsz.

anyway, that's all pretty amazing tepples. in fact, i think we should point out your mistakes more often if it means you'll improve lockjaw even if the result of that is rigid and sadistic self-disciplining.

you could've done it where each image stayed put for x amount of time, and made it bag out of that.

9. 23 miles [​IMG]

10. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

42 kilometers.

11. The Germans have a saying: "A gentleman enjoys in silence." [​IMG]

Also, a lot of the discussion took place in IRC, and I think that some of us were making a decision to not spoil the fun for the forum-only people.

12. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Last edited: 5 Oct 2009
  13. jujube

jujube Unregistered

if you look up the ingredients for fanta grape, you won't see it has molybdenum (it's a secret ingredient), but you will see it has 49g of sugar per serving. 7 grams of that is actually molybdenum, so they had to add the gramage somewhere or people would get suspicious. i was suspicious anyway, so i looked into it.