TDS Vs Q

Thread in 'Discussion' started by thomasgx1, 5 Mar 2008.

1. thomasgx1

thomasgx1 Unregistered

ok, i'll try to make a 5minute video or something.. Your average games last less than 30 seconds? Oh my god.. that is raw. Hmm.. actually, maybe not so raw.. time goes differently when i'm playing, especially when i'm hard dropping at my quickest (I always hard drop but i only started doing it on tds, i never did before this version - oop!).

I rarely look up, if i do its usually when I get myself into some awkward position and then see how likely i am to die or how much time i've got to stack down (that the right terminology?).

As a general rule of thumb, i've got to the stage where i'm hard dropping so quickly at times that when something comes along I dont want I just swap it - not knowing what i've got in the bank/saved but 99% of the time it's going to be more handy than what brick i've currently got which is uurrghgh.

I think the person who posted second asked how quickly can i do 7 tetris' b2b.. i think that depends on the bricks, sometimes I could do that quickly and sometimes slowly. i'll try to get that on tape too.

you say

2. Muf

Muf

The randomiser becomes part of your instinct after enough playing. I used to swear a lot at the bag randomiser, and I still don't like it (I prefer 6-roll), but stacking should just be automatic, and independant of bag order. I actually find myself having a surplus of I-pieces (after all, you have a 100% guarantee that 2 in 14 pieces will be an I), and having to store them in hold to find the right time to tetris with them.

3. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

That's not a bad idea. Though like massi4h suggested, work on glancing during a line clear and soft drops. I'd also add that once you have mastered your finesse and can plan ahead 2-3 pieces, you can even glance as you're tapping and rotating tetrominoes to their positions. The DAS delay is large enough for you to be able to take a quick peek.

Swapping blindly will obviously not be as effective as swapping with a knowledge of what you plan to do. This may be a problem where you're forced to play faster than you can handle. Consequently, you compensate for this increased forced speed by decreasing your effort on other tasks such as paying attention to the hold function or the preview.

Another case may be that your peripheral vision is not developed enough for you to recognize what your eyes don't actively focus on. This skill will develop gradually and you'll begin to decipher the blurriness in your peripheral vision with increasing clarity and ease.[/quote]

4. thomasgx1

thomasgx1 Unregistered

I think I only softdrop once in about 20 games.. presumably cause i never tspin..