TDS Tourney

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Sully, 5 Sep 2006.

1. Do that, otherwise this isn't going anywhere. >_>

2. If it's a league, I'm in.

3. tetrisdude

tetrisdude Unregistered

Tetris league?

4. Millartime

Millartime Unregistered

Millar is in.

5. my being near a computer/wi-fi zone is kind of hit-or-miss lately, with school just starting, among some other life changes. it's a go though, but i might not see messages or be able to play right away, but eventually(like a 1 or 2 day buffer) if that's ok with everyone. if its not ok, you can feel free to drop me.

6. Sully

Sully Unregistered

If we did a league, I'm thinking that the idea would be to play a certain number of league matches in a fairly lengthy amount of time, like over a few months. There would be restrictions so you couldn't end up playing one opponent for too many matches. Ideally, with such a large time window, you could get plenty of matches in before the league ended.

Ideas are welcome.

Oh, with Millar and deepdorp I can set up a tourney in the meantime. More on thet later tonight.

7. tetrisdude

tetrisdude Unregistered

sounds good

8. My availablity hasn't changed. BST/GMT:

Mon-Fri: 6pm onwards

Sat/Sun: All day, if I'm on. I assume we're using blockstats chat or something for this. Or arranging the fixtures beforehand.

9. Sully

Sully Unregistered

Ok, I used a random number generator to generate these pairings:

Deepdorp

Phydeaux

Fask

Millar

TetrisDude

Kotetsu

Tarto

Sully

I guess you could post here to leave a good time to play. Blockstats chat would be the best way to meet up with your opponent. I'm not too worried about an extremely strict timetable, but let's try to get this going sooner than later. I'll randomize the round two matchups when we get there.

Rules:

-First to 10 wins

-Must win by 2

-Handicap 2

Oh, I'm very flexible with my availablity. Whay's best for you, Tarto?

10. Tarto

Tarto Unregistered

Hey Sully

Good to hear that this is finally taking place! My schedule is less flexible than yours, actually this must be over by the end of next week (to me of course). In fact, I'm going to Japan for one year at the beginning of october, and I'll probably have other concerns than playing tetris for the first couple of weeks.

Until then, I should be available:

- on friday 22nd around 00:30AM GMT: let me know if that's suitable for you, and I'll do my best to be online (I'm having a farewell party with my workmates, but I'll connect to blockstats chat as soon as I'm back home). I might be online earlier though

- about anytime next week, since I'll be on vacation

I'm sorry I don't have more time, but I expected the tournament to happen before, and I have so much stuff to get ready for my trip!...

11. Sully

Sully Unregistered

Tarto, Sorry for the late reply.

I'll be busy Fri from about 22:30 pm until 2:30 am GMT (which is, if I'm not a dummy, 5:30-9:30 pm EST), as that is right smack in the middle of the busy time at my place of business.

I'm pretty flexible, but my best times to play are any night at 4:00 am GMT for a few hours and then anywhere from about 1:00 pm until about 23:00 pm GMT daily. Outside of those hours I'm either sleeping or at a busy time at work.

12. Tarto

Tarto Unregistered

Let's do this on monday then! As I mentioned in my previous post, I'll be on vacation (and at home), and anytime between 1PM and 23PM GMT will be fine for me (I live in Paris, GMT+1). So it's really up to you: tell me what time's best for you and I'll be there!