Records: [TDS] Marathon

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 10 Sep 2008.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I finaly broke the 1.000.000 !!

I profite of this event to open a new leaderboard !
    Rules are very simple :
    Start at the level you want, and don't play with infinite mode !!

[​IMG]

Code:
    --1--iphys-------------------2 442 000 pts
    --2--zemus33-----------------2 154 000 pts
    --3--Rosti LFC---------------2 136 000 pts
    --4--Amnesia-----------------1 216 001 pts
    --5--Burbruee----------------1 192 000 pts
    --6--Budster-----------------1 178 000 pts
    --7--Kevcel------------------1 162 000 pts
    --8--Ai----------------------1 044 000 pts
    --9--mufunyo-------------------710 000 pts

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Mar 2011
  2. Muf

Muf

Do you want to bore us to death?

[​IMG]

Also, your topic title has a typo.

3. Ai

Ai

My best score is 1.044.000 and was achieved somewhere in April or May. I'll try to post a pic when I have more time.

Is it even possible to disable infinity or are you saying we just shouldn't use it?

Best score I've seen on the internet is 2.398.000.

http://www.cyberscore.net/chart-24853.php

Line clear score is 202.500 if I remember correctly and is the maximum if you don't use T-spins I think.

That's one of the reasons I barely played the Endless mode. I had a score of a few millions once, but just let it top out because it wasn't really challenging.

By the way my Tetris Points score is close to 22.000. I managed to beat level 5 CPU in Catch and VS. within 4 weeks after purchase. But I have to admit I needed a lot of luck (there are occasions when the CPU messes up if you try long enough).

Also nice DS colour. Mine is Onyx Black. ^^

4. I think he means to not play on Endless mode. I never payed attention to it, but I always thought starting at level 20 gave you more points, at least that is how it always works out for me.

5. Ai

Ai

Ah okay. Sorry about that. I read his post too fast and confused it with infinity. And yes the higher the level the more points you score.

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Sorry Ai, I don't really understand what is your personal best score in NO endless mode..
    Only with a limited game at 200 lv

7. Ai

Ai

Sorry for the confusion. My high score for the 200 lines challenge is the 1.044.000 score I posted before. I haven't played Endless alot, but I know my score is a few millions.

So true! ^^

8. jujube

jujube Unregistered

let's get someone from Guinness in here. a mere completion of 200 levels of TDS marathon could constitute a world record.

9. I can't be arsed with screenshots of these, so you'll have to take my word for it. They're not all the best I could do, because I only tend to play when I'm away somewhere and have no books, computer or internet for when I'm bored. I also don't play certain modes (ie other than mission and wifi), so some are crap relative to others.

Marathon
    High score: 2,136,000
    Endless: 99,999,999

Line Clear
    High score: 463,200 (20-4)

Mission
    High score: 1,238,370
    Level 1: 00:47:05
    Level 2: 01:05:70
    Level 3: 01:09:40
    Level 4: 01:24:81
    Level 5: 01:27:96

Touch
    Level 1: 19800
    Level 2: 18700
    Level 3: 15300
    Level 4: 16200
    Level 5: 19100

Catch
    High Score: 10,869,080
    Max Detonation Surface Area: 83

Wi-Fi
    Standard 2-Player: Played 888, Won 565
    Standard 4-Player: Played 2814, Won 1920, 2nd 455
    Push: Played 36, Won 21
    Rating (currently): 7667

Tetris Points: 34,603

10. My High score at marathon = 912000.
    I actually don't know when I achieved that score, because I haven't played marathon for more than a year [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Even though you say that some scores may be crap...I think all your scores are pretty good...and I don't think I'm the only one who's thinking that. [​IMG]

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

holy shit..How do you do Rosti to get such a fucking score... [​IMG]

About the title, I can't do anything as long as I am not a forum admin.. [​IMG]

13. ST Stacking for the win. And by "are crap relative to others" I meant that. Yeah, they're good scores, but I wouldn't say they were anywhere near as good as my Marathon ones. I mean, people have been getting way over 15m on Catch mode.

Also, you can Amnesia. You just edit your own post and the topic title is right there.

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

What does "ST stacking" mean ?
    This is not the first time I see this expression.

15. Ai

Ai

http://www.tetrisconcept.com/wiki/index ... T_Stacking

Here are 2 videos from DumbledorsArmy on Youtube:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=CoEGdLCw-0k
    http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=7If4sLgSx8s

Here ZT is used, but it's the same as ST stacking. You use S-pieces when you do the same thing on the left side.

Also Gangst_Fish and Blink have very nice ST stacking videos on Tetris Friends!

And thanks for fixing the thread title!!! And welcome back to France! ^^

Great scores Rosti LFC. You already told me about your huge Tetris Points score before. You're up there in every category I would say. I think very few come close to your overall Tetris Points total.

16. Very few come close, but there are a few on sites like Cyberscore and even NSider who were way ahead. And that's not even counting some of the insane Japanese ones. I seem to recall one being over 50,000 Tetris Points.

17. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

This ST stacking is one of the most wonderfull invention I've seen for a while..
    I will begin practicing today !!
    But I am not sure that it is really consistency efficient against an agressive opponent who attacks very fast on TDS..

18. It pretty much doesn't work on TDS wifi, because unless the garbage happens to have the hole in column 1 or 2 then you can't clear it and keep the stacking going. It'd be useful for maybe 1 or 2 t-spins and then you'd most likely have to abort it to get your stack down. You'd be better off just getting those two t-spins with regular setups.

19. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

yeah, st stacking is for single player.

20. Yeah, definately only good for single player. Sometimes I'll start using it when I'm playing Splash multi-player, but that is only if the people I am playing with are extremely slow. And even then, I can only count a handfull of times when I've been able to successfully used this method for the entire match.