Records: [TAP] Normal

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 5 Feb 2007.

1. I don't think you understand. Nobody cares about time in Normal. It's all about score. You need lots of tetrises and combos to do well in this mode.

So when I asked for your record, I meant the score. [​IMG]

2. gila

gila Unregistered

any tips on maximizing the score in normal mode? my personal best so far is sucky 262 tousand.

3. Build high (to maximise your level multiplier for scoring purposes) and go for combos that start with a tetris. Try building a field something like this and just try to keep your combo active with doubles after a tetris for mucho pointo. Rinse and repeat to 300.

Code:
    |     |
    |     |
    |xxxxxx  |
    |xxxxxx  |
    |xxxxxxxx |
    |xxxxxxxx |
    |xxxxxxxx |
    |xxxxxxxx |
    |xxxxxxxx |
    |xxxxxxxx |
    |xxxxxxxx |
    |xxxxxxxx |
    |xxxxxxxx |
    |xxxxxxxx |
    |xxxxxxxx |
    |xxxxxxxx |
    |xxxxxxxxx |
    |xxxxxxxxx |
    |xxxxxxxxx |
    |xxxxxxxxx |

4. gila

gila Unregistered

what about the "bonus" blocks? anything specific? because when i clear four lines with the bonus block in them, i don't get any score for that, but the level rises by four.

5. It's best to clear singles with the item blocks because they give you no points. Also, you want your screen to make no lines after using the first item, and the screen to be as low as possible when using the second item.

Lines are also worth more if you placed that piece quickly, so you still need to play fast. There is also a bonus after reaching the end depending on your time.

6. gila

gila Unregistered

thanks for the tips!!

7. Shouldn't you change the thread title then?

8. If people actually want to compete in Normal then sure, I'd rename it or start something new. Unless I'm mistaken though, nobody cares about it, just like TGM+ mode.

9. gila

gila Unregistered

ok so after hitting level=300 the game rolls the credits and goes into "slow 20g mode", is this section worth playing or not? or is this section totally score-worthless?

also please explain in detail how tgm2 combo works - general requirements for it, how to start it and how to um... "maintain" it?

10. That was sort of dealt with in this thread

11. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

But does the TGM1 combo info in that thread apply as well to TAP?

12. I've not tested it, but I'm pretty sure it does. In principle anyway - it might not be exactly the same.

13. gila

gila Unregistered

what about the "slow 20g mode" at the end of normal mode? it doesn't give any score, right?

14. I just did a test run (score 258184) and it doesn't seem to award you points after the bonus at 300.

15. gila

gila Unregistered

finally made some improvements, got 318580 at the time of 4:16.

not bad.

have some questions though. well everybody knows that in TAP when you start combo with tetris and then continue it with consecutive line clears, first you hear clapping sfx (tetris) and then with each following line clear there is crowd cheering sfx. i noticed that when you do two tetrises in a row or say you do tetris-double-double-tetris, there is no cheering sfx on the second tetris. i was too lazy to check out the score in that conditions, so maybe someone here knows - does the game count these situations described above as normal combos or not. i mean they could just program it so the game considers two tetrises in a row as sort of "luck" and doesn't add extra points?

just curious. in TGM you'll get "wow" crowd sfx on the second tetris, and big points boost, maybe it's just the sound effect that's missing.

i hope i did get the message across, it's 9:45am here and i didn't get much sleep...

16. It's still a combo, yes. And actually, it should give you an extra big "wow" sound effect if my memory is correct.

17. gila

gila Unregistered

that's what i thought... it seems that TAP/TAP+ just do not have that "wow" sound effect. or maybe something's wrong with my mame/rom.

18. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Please, try to add your best SCORE (and not time) to the new ranking list of the normal mode..

Score is the first parameter of this ranking, but you have to know the number of point dramaticaly depends of the time.. [​IMG]

19. gila

gila Unregistered

oh! didn't notice the table in the first post. here's the screenshot with exact time:

[​IMG]

20. gila

gila Unregistered

improved it a tiny bit

[​IMG]