Records: [TAP] Master

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 29 Mar 2007.

1. Remember: S7 > 2 tetrises > S8 > 2 tetrises > S9

2. Nice time! Pity about no m though. Just curious, when are you hitting level 500? Most of my games are 8:50 to 9 minutes now and I'm wondering whether it's my sub-20G that's subpar or my 700+ that needs work.

3. Ai

Ai

Based on what I've seen in videos from Kitaru and KevinDDR who have personal bests with times comparable to the game posted above by TWF it seems they get times near 04:50 for the first part and around 03:45 in the 20G sections.

Almost there TWF!

4. How on earth do you guys go sub-5 minutes on the first half? The best I've ever been able to do is 5:05.

5. Are you tapping frequently? You shouldn't be doing that. Look for moves that will allow you to do single tapbacks as much as possible. Additionally, I'm sure you know this but try as hard as you can to stack for Tetrises. At the same time, however, don't hesitate when a piece doesn't work out well. Simply drop it and move on. Hesitating will kill your times.

6. This is good advice. One thing I've done is to watch the first halves of videos by people like Jago, 777, and other fast players. They tend to make only placements that are easily reachable by DAS and zangi's. One other useful, fast placement in low gravity is this:

If you look carefully there are many places where such a placement is applicable.

Once you figure out how to get under 5 minutes, you won't have much trouble doing it consistently. I think my 500 times are routinely around 4:50-55 now.

EDIT: Rednefed: I believe my 500 time for that game was about 4:50, as Ai said. The faster S7 I posted earlier was more like 4:44.

7. I think because I've been playing so long I'm biased against situations that would cause gaps, and I would rather double tap instead of creating one. Guess I need to break that habit

edit: lol i just remembered this

8. Finally finished!

S7 - 10:33:98 - 999

9. Well done man!

10. [​IMG]

Here's a start.

Code:
      45--croikle----------------S7 - 952 @ 10:17:00 - 06/28/10

11. Nice job! You'll probably get S8 or S9 on your first completion: it's only 2 tetrises for each grade at that point.

12. WHAT IS UP
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEUH
    [​IMG]
    [m, 8:44:75, gold sk]

13. Congrats!

14. Holy shit yeah! Congrats Zach!

15. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

I accept your challenge.

16. Ai

Ai

Congrats TWF! I honestly don't know what more to say, but I feel motivated to try harder in the near future. ^^

17. COL

COL

Congrats!!

18. Almost a minute faster to S1 than the last one, hopefully I can push for S2 soon. I've had a couple of S2s in Grade Mania 3 but TAP rules make me ~5 seconds slower per section and I get in trouble more often without hold at high speed.

[​IMG]

19. If I had placed the last piece differently, this would have been Gm.

[​IMG]