Records: [TAP] Master

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 29 Mar 2007.

1. agreed. and the last section is also tough if you still need to get a lot of tetrises

2. Ai

Ai

So true. These days I look forward to the 20G sections to undo the mess created in the sections just before. So keep practicing 20G!

Currently it's only the level 400 section that's still troublesome. The level 300 section is somewhat manageable now. Never got to the end while pushing myself all the way. In most cases I stop manual locking somewhere around level 800 to get a nice or low stack before level 900.

3. My 20G stacking is decent. I usually end up making a mistake that leads into another, and I can't seem to recover well when it happens.

4. No, I entered 500 pretty low, and then I started to make some decisions that ended my round.

5. [​IMG]

Technically, I still have yet to earn a green line :>

All right Ai, this is your cue to go earn an S8~

6. I can actually consistently hit 500 now.

7. Ai

Ai

Congrats finishing the game and getting Orange Line. And nice time to boot. Was this the first time you got to the end?

I will give it a try next month after some practice later this month. First I need to improve some other records I have my eyes on at the moment. Don't worry about me and see if you can do even better. I'm fairly confident we'll both be S9 by the end of the year. ^^

8. Yep. I took your advice and stopped manual locking at 850. Made things a lot easier :)

I hope so, it's one of my goals. Although at this rate if I get it it's gonna be in December.

9. [​IMG]

Thought I had a record here, but I guess not.

10. Ai

Ai

Very good for a first post over here. Seeing you almost got to level 400 in Death I don't think it would take you too long before you get to the end of the game with S6 or higher.

11. Well, it's not as if I just started playing a month or so ago, heh. I've actually felt like I've hit a wall. TAP Master I think is actually my worst game; I'm miserable at getting a decent grade.

I've been trying to finish TGM, but I have terrible, terrible play transitioning into 20G, and I don't know how to fix it. I think my biggest problem is all of level 400, so I almost always go into level 500 with a bad stack.

12. join the club :p

13. Haha, is it really a problem for others? It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one to botch up my stack so easily like that all the time. ;D

14. Yeah 300-500 is the last section players can play confidently. Well, this is TAP not TGM1, so 900-999 is hard as well. But most people have trouble with 300-500 even after they are quite comfortable with slow 20G.

Though, if you were coming to TGM after mastering Sega Tetris, these sections would be easy compared to 20G.

15. It actually makes me feel a little easy inside to know that screwing up when hitting 300 or so doesn't make me a terrible player, knowing that I can do the sections before and after it better in comparison.

16. I'm pretty sure the main thing that will prevent me from getting M, other than the 8:45 time requirement, is slow section 400 times and lack of necessary tetrises in it.

17. All my good games have pretty solid 300-500's. It's also where my bad games really go to shit most of the time.

18. funny, my games end up going to shit in 0-200. YAY 0G FINESSE.

19. [​IMG]
    green

I'm always watching, always thinking, always playing, always smiling, always crying.

20. Congrats, but again, HOW IS IT SO SLOW