Records: [TAP] Master

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 29 Mar 2007.

1. sihumchai

sihumchai Unregistered

Newbie SRS players would get a kick out of it tho' [​IMG]

2. Up-Down doesn't bother me. I'd find it worse if I had a joystick. With a keyboard I just flick my finger off the up key and onto the down in one movement.

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I'm sure for one thing : it's not given with only one tetriminos..

I'll send you an inp (ta death 399) where I've made 2-3 spin with a J, and no medail..

4. No, you must rotate excessively with most (all?) of your pieces. I don't think it's a serious medal... It's just for "fun".

5. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Yes...

I think it's possible to catch the 6 medails..

ST SK RE CO easily..

AC with chance and for RO... [​IMG]

I'm sure now ta death mode is sexier than master in general....

There are 18 (+mfm) people on the ta death ranking and 13 on the master ranking...

6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

ADDED [​IMG]
    Those 2 ranking list are a good idea..That motive people since c_t and me have set its ..

8. [​IMG]

Enough tetris for this week, I'm off ! [​IMG]

9. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

T'en a pas mare d'etre S4??

[​IMG]

10. Sully

Sully Unregistered

I wholeheartedly agree. Nicholas- is this a reasonable request?

11. IMO there should be at most a forum and a highscore forum. I mean, this is Tetris. We don't exactly have a lot to talk about so splitting into a dozen forums will leave a lot of them inactive, even with our increased membership.

And Amnesia, you bastard, I keep editing in my improved 999 time of 9:05, and you keep changing it back to my older record. [​IMG]

12. I agree. To many forum is bad. Fewer forum and some subject tags (something like "[TAP] Death Mode" or "[Lockjaw] 40 lines classic mode") is better.

13. Sully

Sully Unregistered

A dozen is definitely excessive. Three or so is reasonable- perhaps one for the TGM series, one for SRS games (TDS, TE, etc.), and one for everything else? Just a thought.

14. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

I'm an admin, and I have the ability to implement any reasonable suggestion myself, but I'll wait for caffeine to sign off on something before I do anything drastic. Here's my suggestion:

Tetromino Games

Tetris Guideline

Discuss Tetris Worlds, Tetris Deluxe, Tetris DS, Tetris Evolution, and other official games made since 2001.

Tetris The Grand Master

Discuss Tetris games published by Arika and their predecessors published by Sega.

Classic Tetris

Discuss Tetris for Game Boy and other Tetris brand games.

Fan Games

Discuss puzzle games made by fans.

Et Cetera

Offtopic

Digressions can be healthy, but "don't break the law" and "don't be a jerk" still apply.

15. Merge Classic Tetris + Fan Games simply to "Other Tetris Related Threads"

16. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

agreed... otherwise it sounds like a good idea.

17. i don't like it. sorry. i don't mean to be an ass or anything, but i really don't see any need for it.

shortly put: aesthetics do not justify increasing clickage.

18. Well, if you do not split the forum into a couple of sub-forums, interesting topics with completed discussion will disappear really fastly.

Making more sub-forums does not have a negative effect on lisibility though, thanks to the phpbb basic functions such as "see posts since last visit"

19. Many fan games have ties to existing official games, like Heboris and Shimizu Tetris being related to Sega/TGM and Cultris paying tribute to Game Boy (18 cells high well). IMO grouping fan games into one category doesn't work well when discussing such games.

That and the increased complexity issue.

20. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Sorry my poor colour_thief...

Do you know the "French Touch"?

And be patient DIGITAL, I won't let you 4th Death Master long time.. [​IMG]