Records: [TAP] Master

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 29 Mar 2007.

1. I suck at master mode [​IMG]
    PS: It took FOREVER because I was trying to correct some mistakes, and then in turn made more mistakes, which made my time horrible (so horrible, I can't bear to look at it anymore).

[​IMG]

2. K

K

lol,

you're so cute when you are excited [​IMG]
    did you remember that i already completed the game in s8 8:23 or something ?

anyway go for it take the lead you want it so much ! i 've got other things to do right now (like going to akihabara for buying TGM3 for example ) :p

3. Yeah, I know.

I don't try for time anymore.

All I was doing was trying to fix holes, which didn't turn out so well.

4. I think jago was talking to amnesia [​IMG]

5. :o

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Yea.. [​IMG]

Jago is the only one I have never beat here..

If he could see my improvement in invisible, he would be scared...

2008 will really see the first western TAP Gm.. [​IMG]

7. Oh, I think he will hit Death GM, he is ridiculously close.

CMON JAGO! GOGOGOGO!

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Everybody know that a Death Gm is not as astonishing as a Master Gm..

I am too slow and I will never become a Death Gm like jago and c_t, but I know I have some strongly possibility to get the other one in first.. [​IMG]

9. Really?

I'd hold them in equal regard.

10. Surviving 1 minute of invisibility is significantly more difficult than surviving 500 levels of Death 500+.

11. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

Actually, here's how to do well in TI master.

1) play fast.

2) Get as many tetrises as possible.

3) have the stack low when approaching X70 to trigger section COOLS easier, and get in as many tetrises as possible before then then. Ideally the 4th tetris will leave you with a very low stack and past 70.

4) Have the stack low when you reach x99, to avoid section REGRET. ideally you will drop an I in at x94 for the section cross.

Low means around 4 -6 lines if you have an I waiting.

Provided you do this,and actually have the playing speed to get section COOLs, the rest should take care of itself, until you reach the M-Roll.

Each tetris is worth 16 levels. 6 for the tetris and 10 for the peices. Therefore one can get at most 6 tetrises in a level. This is because one hich crosses the level stop counts as the next levels. The exception is if you barely cross the levelstop with a tetris, then you can get 7. But that leaves very few extra pieces. your last one will neeed to be a bravo.

12. Er...wrong window?

13. Zaphod77

nopeople were talking about the differences between TI and tap a bit up. i was replying to that.

Point is there's a special trick to TI that needs to be taken into account.

14. Wow, great info. Are you Mihara or something? [​IMG]
    I wonder if the COOL!! system would work without the "hold next piece" system?

And having a low stack in TAP works well. It's easier for me to get a section time around 1 min and 5 sec with a low stack compared to a high stack.

15. I play Texmaster Ti without using hold and very often get consecutive section COOLs, so yeah. Also, check yer PMs, good sir.

16. no improvement on my record, but working hard to make better first sections (all from the same game)

[​IMG]

still need to work the 300-400 section: if I play it too fast, I usually loose lol

17. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Oh ? [​IMG]

Cyberguile ? You never reached lv 600 in your life ?

[​IMG] I am joking..

I don't know why, but my section 300-400 suck a bit as well..There is no particular reason.. [​IMG]

18. Zaphod77

lol i'm not Mihara. i just applied a little logic to the known information.

If you are at 70, and there are 20 pieces worth of blocks, on the screen, if they had been arranged into two tetrises instead, you would be at level 82 instead, with only two line clear delays.

So we see the importance of keeping stack low when you get to the section cool check and the section boundary.

Of course the pieces will not always cooperate and give you the I at that m. so if it doesn't show, then you need to downstack quickly. with triples and doubles.

The more i play these games, the more i realise that the TGM series teaches you to play tetris better.

19. Zaphod77

Yes. if your stack is high at a boundary, your level would be higher if your stack was lower, because you would have more line clears.. But it ONLY matters at the boundary. YOu can stack up all the way to the top in the first part of the level without penalty, if you just got a grade up, as long as you get the stack back down before you reach the level stop.

20. Lol amnesia, I just go for game over on purpose when I reach 500 coz I really need to train the sub 20-g section.

As for the 300 section, it's simply because it's hard to do the up-down motion all the time because of the game speed and doing only down (like I do in the 400-500 section) isn't fast enough to get a good time.