Records: [TAP] Master

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 29 Mar 2007.

1. Good !

A shame you didn't reached 700, your stack was really low at 652.

Some (a lot of) comments:

Level 303

[​IMG][​IMG]
    When you're building, you should really really think "What piece can I place in that hole ?" and place it immediately when it is distributed. In that case, there's only the J and I piece that can fill that hole. J is IMO the best piece to place and you didn't it.

Level 332

[​IMG][​IMG]
    I think it's possible (with DAS) to place that Z to the right, which is a much better position than the other one.

Level 375

[​IMG][​IMG]
    There's something I learned from TDS wifi, and that is that non-overstacking construction (caffein would say "look below") often makes the difference between life and death. I would have placed the to the right, because this line

[​IMG]
    is the first obstacle that prevents you from cleaning your stack.

Notice that you did just fine, but that might be of some use in 20G.

Level 402

[​IMG][​IMG]

Hum.

There's a non obvious at all but still very useful wallkick with the L piece. That you could have used.

General case (+ the same in slow motion + the same with its mechanisms)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It works with J too, as you could do at 597

[​IMG][​IMG]

Level 590

[​IMG][​IMG]
    You should have IRS-ed that L.

2. K

K

glad to see that there is at least one person that use The_TOOL.

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

BOU DID IT !!!

RANK S2 !!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] My padawan!!

4. Thank you very much, PetitPrince. I'll have to take all of that into account. I know of that L/J wall kick, but it never usually occurs to me to use it when I'm playing. That is something I definitely need to add to my move set.

5. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

The panel of move increase alone with the practicing kitaru, but you can improve faster by the forced training, try to do some Master mode very slow, not to attempt a new record like we always use to do, but just for the analysis of the best placements..And you have a lot of good explanation with the tool, in the past I have watched a lot of time every japan videos which were available.

6. Another S8, one second slower than the one I have already

And then S7 at 9xx then a bunch of misdrops...

this is after not playing Master seriously for... over 2 months, I think I'm doing okay...

7. I got S7 at 998.

It's a shame that all my runs where I get over 800 generally have poor early sections. I was reasonable for 1 and S1, but took far too long getting to S4.

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

INP is available if somebody wants..

And you colour_thief ?? Do you want to learn how to do a 0-100 in 54 sec ? [​IMG]

9. K

K

hmm very good !

oh oh oh, c'mon get this damn M ! [​IMG]

10. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Best lv. 500 at 4:52..

But the probability for me to make such a good beginning AND reach 999 WITH a correct number of Tetris is ...1%.. [​IMG]

11. K

K

but you know that this is not just a question of "ultra perfect agressive time attack technic". Just regularity!

Anyway once you get this M rank, i will really have to worry about the M roll cause you have a far better experience than me [​IMG]

damn [​IMG]

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

No sure jago.. [​IMG]
    I already hold over 40 sec 3 or 4 times after lot of hours of training..

I will finish it one time before chrismas..

Actually you manage the semi invible better than me..

I can sometime finish it with a constant and agressive manual locking..

Another interesting detail, I fell the same difficulty in invisible with a manual locking and without it..

The lack of accuracy due to the speed is balanced with the fact that precedent tetriminos stay more in my mind thank to the speed..

The best strategy is to build a first Tetris, then we must try to let the last column free in hoping to put a "I" when we can..I am working about it.. [​IMG]

13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

CORRECTION :

I will be honest for the invisible challenge..Yesterday I decided to learn the music by heart, just to be able to know exactely the time. (there is no time for the invisible section) For each main part of the music, I know now the exact time corresponding, so my current record is 38 sec, done around 4-5 times..

Yesterday evening, on my best attempt : I did 1 tetris, then 1 double, few singles, I stayed very low during a good moment..Then I disrupted sadly my stack because of too much concentration in the begining..Result --> 38sec again.. [​IMG]

I can do that after this training :

From end of August to now --> 25min/week

From now to my first success --> 25min/day

No need to do more, it is really boring and useless over 30 min I think..

14. K

K

at least, you train on that part ! [​IMG]

15. My best is 00:42:78... 11 singles and 2 doubles.

16. K

K

hu oh [​IMG]
    time to use this dusty trainer [​IMG]

17. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG] Whao you bastard..

You trained hard the whole night ? [​IMG]

18. No. About a week ago, after not using jago's invisibility trainer for over a year, I tried it for maybe 30 minutes. I was able to easily improve my record by 10 seconds, even without practice.

19. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Is there a difference between Heboris's fully invisible setting and that in TAP? I didn't find it hard to survive for at least 30-35 seconds consistently, with the occasional 40+, in Heboris's practice mode with Heboris rotation, one preview, no hold, and TAP's level 900 speed settings.

20. Ken_P

Ken_P Unregistered

Had a great session out of nowhere today! New top grade for me: S8 in 9:49:68. I would have gotten even further, but I got distracted by my new high score, and only got to 926. I also had an S7 going, but died just before 900. With a little luck, I'll hit S9 soon!